Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fishing "glow" lures

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone fishing "glow" lures

Had a request to do some glow heads, and while doing them it got me to thinking about the discussions we've had concerning lure colors. I don't recall much mention about using "glow" lures for crappie. Anyone have any experiences using lures that glow in the dark?
    These are what I came up with for the gentleman. One pattern is based off a glow red base, the other is a blue base with glow red accents. Everything that looks pink glows, everything else disappears in the dark.

I can't say I've ever tried heads painted glow of any color for crappie, but I guess like anything else - who knows, maybe it'll work.
    (the barbs are removed from the minnow heads for use with live bait, since the collar remains exposed)

Post Thanks / Like

I tied some black bucktails with glow flashabou a couple years back, seemed to work real good in cypress stained water. The black head and tail create a dark form and the glow gives off a good flash in the dark water. My buddy checked stomach contents and one fish was full of baby eels about an inch long. we had tried minnows and various plastics without much luck that day. I tied one of the dark jigs on just to see what it looked like and got a strike as it was sinking beside the boat. I made them for night fishing and never have tried them at night. If I can find one I'll post a pic.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a little tube of glow in dark t shirt paint that I use to stripe night jigs and lures.
    It really helps seeing a topwater plug instead of guessing in the dark.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, at night, it can make a differance. See the picture in my post about ice crappie help. Tip: recharge glow with a led "tazer" type light or a Black Light, it is brighter and lasts longer.