Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird 997c si

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 997c si

Hi All,

I know there are a few users and also people from Humminbird on this site all the time. My question is....Do you think the price of the 997c si will stay the same for an extended time or should it start creeping down over the next few months. I really want to pick one up but man...its hard to hand over $2000+ that quick. Its not a question of " if " i'm getting one of these units, but when. Thanks for your replys.

Later,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

you would think as with all things that are electronic as time passes they will come down in price ,but they are replaced with something better(if that is possible in this case)these things are the ticket for finding things that you never knew were there or that never showed up on old style finders,,,found a fence row this week in 35' of water and it marked every post as if you were looking at it on dry land(and there were fish there also)--fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I would not hold my breath on that. Look at he 987 I waited over a year. And did get it for $1749. But still not a big drop in price.
    As there the only one that can make the unit. Why would they drop the price down?
    If your the only person selling the hottest jig that will out do anything on the market. And you can get $12.99 for that bait. And no one else can make one that will do what it can do. Would you drop the price?
    I know I would not for a few years.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Pete. I would not hold my breath on them coming down in price a whole lot. However, if you fish very much, they are worth every penny they cost. I think that most every body that has been in my boat and seen this thing in action, has bought one. Nothing else on the market like it.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If I were getting one, I would go ahead and get it. If something better comes out, you will want it or I think I would. I rode with a friend the other day that has one and it is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shiloh is there all that much Difference between the 987 and the 997?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replys guys. I do try to go fishing alot. At least once a week. There is a lake over in Mobile called "Big Creek Lake" that is known for large crappie and bass but its one of those lakes that you have (or had) to fish for years to even get a bite. All the oldtimers tell me they can go out any day and fill the boat but I've been several times by myself and can't even get a bite. I'm thinking the 997 might give me a little edge over the average guy trying to figure this lake out. Its quite large with lots of structure, even a sunken bridge in about 30-40 feet of water. This lake is also Mobile's main water supply. Maybe I could get a Humminbird rep to come demo one of the units on the lake with me. Yep, I know thats a long shot but I would like to look at one of these units first hand before I order.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

I will have one one of these days too. But don't dispair. Spend your time between now and then studying and learning all you can about the features of the unit. Then when you get one you won't be trying to learn it all then. This is what I did before I ever got a GPS unit.
    I will run into someone on the lake here one of these days that has one and don't think I will be bashful about saying "Hey, mind taking me out there and showing me how that thing works?"
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I Was Looking At One Of Those On The Cabell's Website. You Can Get A 100.00 Now. What Does That Thing Do Tell You What Kind Of Fish You Are Looking At?

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this web site. But be very careful, it gave me the fever RRREEEAAALLLYYY bad.

www.sideimaging.com

Later,
    Buzz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast