PDA

View Full Version : Intro. from central Arkansas

M1Tommy
06-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello to the forums, I'm just Tommy, a guy who lives near Hot Springs, Ark. I didn't know if intro's were typical here, but some forums like them. Anyways, I grew up around here, but didn't Crappie fish much, moved to LA and learned a bit, then a stint near Houston where I didn't fish any for 4 years then back to Ark. for the duration I sure hope. I have a 10 year old son who's after me to, ".... fish for some good stuff to eat dad!.." and can't think of any better vittles than Crappie and 'taters. I've got a bit to learn around here and hope to pick up some pointers on this forum. Lake Catherine and the lower end of Hamilton are about 5 miles from the house, Ouachita about 20 miles and Nimrod about 40 miles. I have a 12' john boat w/ a whopping 5 Hp... love that gas sipper, and have use of my dad's Hydrosport gas-hog.

I ride my Kaw. 800 a bit (only on days that end in "y"), too and have shot a few HP rifle matches.

Any other questions, no problem.

Tommy

harpenter
06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Welcome from IL. This is a great place to get info. Hopefully you'll get answers to your questions, and be able to shed some light to others.

JET4
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Welcome from Va. Lots of good info here.

Buffy
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Seems like a lot of posters are from your state. It's a great place, another welcome from Va. Everyone is great about answering questions!

DENNIS BOWERS
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Tommy, Welcome from Tn.!

slabbandit
06-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Welcome M1Tommy,from Lake Nimrod! There's a guide by the name of Daryll Morris on this website that used to guide on Hamilton. He might just give you a few pointers about fishing there.

paddlebug235
06-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Welcome!

My wife and I drive 14 hours to fish with Jerry Blake on Lake Greason. A day with either He or Darryl might be money well spent.

Jerry can be found at www.actionfishingtrips.com and Darryl at www.familyfishingtrips.com both will guide you on Lake Hamilton too.

If you want to learn a bunch and have a great weekend don't miss the fall crappie camp if they host one this fall the people who show up are fantastic and the various seminars and fish fries are free.

Two of the greatest sounding words in the world are, "Fish On.";)

M1Tommy
06-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, I've never fished in any of y'alls' states..
IL; just a Summer at GLNRTC
VA; Just a few visits to Norfolk,
TN; nope, but it sure sounds nice. One of my close frineds grew up there.
KS; nope... hate to say but I've only driven through KS.. incredible croplands, though.
Lake Nimrod... Funny but I grew up just west of Hot Springs and have yet to wet a hook in Nimrod.... hope to change that before too long, though.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Tommy

FishnLine
06-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Welcome aboard Tommy. You'll find plenty of info here.

roybuoy
06-23-2007, 06:55 AM
welcome from Georgia

shipahoy41
06-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Welcome form Alabama the beautiful.

old ship

ceb
06-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Welcome aboard Tommy. Be sure to join us over at the AR board as well... http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=44

And I noticed your post on the fishing boat thread, so here's an easy and cheap idea for your jon boat... http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=32741

M1Tommy
06-23-2007, 09:50 AM
GA and SC.... only been there a few weeks at a time courtesy of the USN, Charleston and Kings Bay. I was too buy to enjoy the scenery then.

AL... I do a bit of work there at sawmills and plywood plants. I wonder how y'all keep the fish out of your boats there! The Wal Mart at Thomasville, AL was the first one I ever was with a whole aisle just for catfish baits!

I'll post up on the Ark. folder.
Thanks y'all! I gots to go work on dad's bas boat now..... it has about 3 years of non-use gunk... but we're about to change that!

Tommy

slabmaster09
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Welcome from Northeast Texas!

M1Tommy
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey, TX, We left League City in the Summer of '05, and SW Louisiana 4 years before that. There's some good folk down there, but I sure don't miss watching the "Tropical Update"! We left L.C. a couple months before Rita hit.... had a couple "extra" families in our house for a few weeks, for it, too.

Thanks for the welcome.
Tommy

skiptomylu
06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
11867 From Toledo Bend Texas!

joejv4
06-26-2007, 10:01 AM
If you love crappie and taters for dinner, you've found the right place to talk crappie!
Odds are, that your son will get to lovin' crappie & taters too (my son does!)

Welcome aboard from Upstate NY!

M1Tommy
06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
If you love crappie and taters for dinner, you've found the right place to talk crappie!
Odds are, that your son will get to lovin' crappie & taters too (my son does!)

Welcome aboard from Upstate NY!

Y'all have crappies and taters up there? cool!

I've never been to NY, yet.. hear upstate is nice and hope to ride up that way some day.

Oh, they love about any kind of fried fish already.... but (hanging my head a bit) doubt they've ever had Crappie, yet. :(

Thanks for the welome.
Tommy

bugman
06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Welcome from Lake of the ozarks Missouri....if you ever make it up my way give me a yell we've got alot of willing crappie (most of the time) up here.