Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else been after slabs lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else been after slabs lately?

... or has everyone switched over to chasing those green carp? I'll take the occasional bass that takes my crappie jig, but I fish for the dinner table, and now way do those green carp even come close to being as tasty as our little speckled friends.

Anybody still hunting slabs, or am I the lone crappie hunter in Upstate NY?

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor saw someone catching crappie on Lamoka lake last Sunday. I intend to go to the deep side this weekend with jigs and live minnow and see if I can hook up some crappie or big perch.
    I may wander out of NY into PA as long as I'm so close.

Post Thanks / Like

Lamoke and Waneta are nice little lakes, watch out for the muskies! they might eat that kayak!

Skaneateles,NY(Summer)/Port ST.Lucie,FL(Winter)
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been TRYING to get out to the "Secret Location", but haven't made it yet. I hear that they're really nailing them there...:D
    ..."An old fisherman lives here with the best catch of his life"...:D

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya about "trying to get out". I didn't get out at all this weekend and won't get out next weekend either - but I'm on vacation the week of the 4th and plan to do a bit of fishing during the second half of the week - and get some stuff done around the house too.

Post Thanks / Like

Kayacker, get ready for some competion. We are coming to NY aug 4th until end of oct. Wife is all excited about new grandchild coming but I am going fishing. Located another motor for my boat and will have to get it installed and the boat out of the barn but then watch out. I will be fishing lamoka, waneta, cowanesque and the rivers as much as possible. Florida is nice but there is nothing better than the southern tier in the fal. The sad part is that I will have to sleep every so often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook
    I've been TRYING to get out to the "Secret Location", but haven't made it yet. I hear that they're really nailing them there...:D
    Three weeks ago, we were pounding them out in the deeper water in the middle - working 2 rods and non-stop on each.

Well, we're now into July, and the water level at that secret spot is down about a foot from normal and the bite has slowed WAAAYYY down. We caught a few last week, but they seemed to be scattered all over the place. I'm thinking that next time I get out, I'm going to try poking around the edges of the weed beds - I've got a sneaky suspicion that they've moved in shallow for the shade and higher oxygen in the weed beds. I just haven't had a chance to test that theory out.

Oh yeah, George was out fishing on the 4th. First time I've seen him on the water in a long, long time. Nice to see a long-time outdoorsman enjoying the outdoors.

panfisherman2328 Guest

Default i caught a couple in the secret spot if ity is the palce we talked about

i caught a couple in the secret spot if ity is the palce we talked about before not where i seen you and your son the other good spot out by you thinking about going mabey tomorow and im still out after them

Post Thanks / Like

If you get out there and manage to find them grouped anywhere, please, please clue me in as to where they're hiding!!!!

I went on the 4th, and they seemed to be spread out thin - 1 here, 1 there, catch one and then nothing until you move someplace else.

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes it is better to fish all the floats and bigger docks in waneta than the 2 creeks in lamoka. I have had good luck mornings hitting the floats on the west side in the morning before the traffic picks up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast