Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glyde Sticks

Post Thanks / Like

Question Glyde Sticks

Has anyone had any experience using Glyde Sticks on their trailer bunks to make loading and unloading your boat easier. I have seen them advertised in Cabelas and Bass Pro but don't know if they are worth putting on or not. My boat is hard to load and keep straight on the trailer because I have to practically submerge everything to get it on and off. I have read the product reviews on Cabelas and they all say they work great but then again you never know who's doing the reviewing. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scales
    Has anyone had any experience using Glyde Sticks on their trailer bunks to make loading and unloading your boat easier. I have seen them advertised in Cabelas and Bass Pro but don't know if they are worth putting on or not. My boat is hard to load and keep straight on the trailer because I have to practically submerge everything to get it on and off. I have read the product reviews on Cabelas and they all say they work great but then again you never know who's doing the reviewing. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Yeah, they work pretty good. Just be sure your boat is ready to go into the water when you take the front loose. Too bad you aren't closer I'd give you a couple sets. I don't need them with my new to me boat.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Yeah, they work pretty good. Just be sure your boat is ready to go into the water when you take the front loose. Too bad you aren't closer I'd give you a couple sets. I don't need them with my new to me boat.
    Yeah, be REALLY sure your boat is IN the water when you unhook it. Boy brought us a 24' Sea Chaser (belonged to his dad) one day that he dumped on the boat ramp . Wanted us to repair it without his dad ever finding out about it :o .

Post Thanks / Like

I was having issues getting the boat all the way on when loading without having to move the trailer a time or 2. It has 10' bunks and a secondary 6' set. Way too much drag to even think of cranking. I bought a set and installed last weekend and LOVE them. Just be careful when you go to power on. It doesn't take much:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I think I'll give them a try.