Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: about the photos....

Post Thanks / Like

Default about the photos....

as you guys know, i take a lot of photos when im around any of you fishing. after i scan them and put em on the board, i have no use for them and if youd like to have em, send me your address in pm and ill get em off to you. also, the photos i put on the board usually will only be what i think is the best of several i made at the time. just because you see it here, dont mean thats all i have. these type photos i dont normaly log in. If there is no hand written number on the back of your photo, reprints are not available. If there is a handwritten number on the back i can get a reprint or enlargement if youd like.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rango, I have been following your posts for some time. Always enjoyed your photos. Just curious why you don't use a digital camera. It saves you the trouble developing the films and scanning the photos. Just take as many photos as you want, go home and connect it to you computer, you are ready to upload!

Though a decent digital camera costs a bit more than the regular film ones, it saves you money in the long run since no more films and developing. Not to mention we also don't have to wait anxiously for the pics after reading your stories after a great fishing day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naixus
    Hi Rango, I have been following your posts for some time. Always enjoyed your photos. Just curious why you don't use a digital camera. It saves you the trouble developing the films and scanning the photos. Just take as many photos as you want, go home and connect it to you computer, you are ready to upload!

Though a decent digital camera costs a bit more than the regular film ones, it saves you money in the long run since no more films and developing. Not to mention we also don't have to wait anxiously for the pics after reading your stories after a great fishing day.
    Hey naixus,
    15 years ago i started taking photos professionally and invested in some very expensive cameras, lenses, flash systems and a studio setup i can carry on location. I dont know how much longer ill shoot pro but making the switch to pro digital cameras is not a move i am sure i wanna do, if im not gonna continue taking photos, as the pro digital slr cameras, (I use the nikon system)) are still very expensive. i may bite the bullet and buy me one of the digital point and shoot box cameras, but you are limited with what you can do with em, and i like having control of any photo i make instead of lettin the camera think for me. one advantage to a P&S digital is they arent very expensive, and wouldnt bother me much if i dunk it like dunking my slr, with lens, camera body and flash costing several thousand dollars. thats why i carry it in a waterproof box onboard the boat..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

i always bring a digital camera when i go fishin.....this website is not to user friendly when it comes to posting pics cause you gotta resize it and all that good stuff.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, pete....

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    i always bring a digital camera when i go fishin.....this website is not to user friendly when it comes to posting pics cause you gotta resize it and all that good stuff.

Try hosting your pics on www.photobucket.com . That will eliminate the size problem. All you will have to do is go to photobucket, follow the directions to load your photos, jot down the URL and come back to crappie.com. Select new thread or reply, enter your text, then select the small yellow box above your text and enter the URL. You're done! Credit for this info goes to FalconSmitty and Jerry Blake, I had no idea how to host pics on the net and they brought it to my attention. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am a pro photographer as well!!

Hey Rango - I do some professional photography as well.

Check out my site at www.fieldsphotos.com

I don't ever bring my good stuff on board though....I bought a fairly inexpensive Fuji Finepix just for fishing pics and stuff I don't want to bother with film and developing for......

Let me know what you think....

Later - GABoy.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I see. Yes a decent pro digital camera still costs over a grand without the lenses etc. I think it's not worth it to switch. Save the money for fishing goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    You can do one of two things to make posting pics slightly easier:
    1) If your camera has settings for image quality, change it to around the 3M setting. This should keep the psi the same, but take a smaller picture. In other words if your highest setting takes a 648x482 pixel image, moving down to a 3M will take the same quality picture only sized at 320x240 (these are just random sizes - your camera may vary)

2) Use http://www.photobucket.com/ or http://www.imagestation.com/ to host your pics. Both of these are free, and both have resizing options that you can use for resizing/editing. Nothing fancy, but they are nice for web posted pics.(these are two that I'm familiar with, there may be others)
    Cons:
    Sony's Imagestation has issues every now and again with being down - seems almost like it goes through a maintenance.
    Photobucket is slow to load large frame pics. And once you edit the size of a pic, there's no going back. There are ways around this however.