Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not Crappie but a lot of fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Crappie but a lot of fun

While down in Lufkin, Texas visiting the folks, I hooked up with a lifelong Great Friend, Steven, to go do some catfishing at Marion Ferry PArk on Sam Rayburn Lake. We also took along my Youngest Son Nathan. We had a blast. We wound up catching around 9 keepers before we decided to go back to Stevens house and clean them and get a cold glass of ice tea. Most of what we cought went from 3 to 5 pounds but as you can tell we did catch a couple that were just above keeping size. Along with those I also cought a few drum, a few brim, and one HUGE loggerhead turtle. I hope he is enjoying the line and hook I so graciously let him have lol. Here is a couple of pics. The short guy is the best friend a guy can have (Steven).

The little fart putting on the worm is my Son Nathan lol. I have never met anyone that enjoyed fishing as much as he does. I thought I loved to fish when I was his age but I have nothing on that boy and not many do lol. I think hes growing scales and fins lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

That is the bestest way to spend time! Your son looks mighty serious. So much better than Xbox (I only say that 'cause I got rid of mine )
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy
    That is the bestest way to spend time! Your son looks mighty serious. So much better than Xbox (I only say that 'cause I got rid of mine )
    What did you get rid of your Son or the Xbox lol just kidding. Thanks and it was a blast
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I've been tempted to get rid of my stepdaughter, very very momentary. She is the best, best, I am so proud of her.
    Xbox was not that hard except on really nasty icy cold winter nights.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What's an Xbox?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

A brain sucking video playing machine. It's like a drug, horrible awful, I am pretty sure I lost a year in front of it. (it was a pretty rotten year)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the great outing!

Post Thanks / Like

Either one by itself is a great blessing and you have both. I hope you value them for what they are worth:... Priceless