Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tell me weekend stories

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me weekend stories

Tell me some good news me and my dad caught 51 at Sardis Sunday let me here some Crappie killin news
    Crappie a holic

Post Thanks / Like

Well Michael, we're not really into crappie killin', as much as we're into crappie management. Although there are times when we SLAY em, or time that we knock em dead, of course we usually land a few. But mostly we hope to catch din-din while culling the school, or controlling the dinks. Don't want too many teenys in the batch, or too few slabs in the catch. I suppose there are a few ways to say it, but we're not out to murder the fish.
    We're out to catch us a mess o' them specks. I would appreciate any help you old timers could pitch in with. I know I left out a few good ones.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I think you mis understand we did not even limit out and this was for a family fish fry there are no fish wasted at all I feel MURDER is the wrong term here.
    Crappie a holic

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael, I caught some good fish on Pickwick last week and this week trolling crankbaits. I brought them home and unfortunately, I had to take their life. Yes, I killed the crappie. I just didn't think I wanted to eat them alive. That might even be more torture than the filet knife.

Glad to hear you slaughtered them, hehe. And yes, when we catch alot of fish we often say "We Killed Them". Don't worry about it.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with you people? Have you no hearts!!! Did you ever stop to think about those crapppies family? How would you like it if someone just slammed a jig in your mouth and snatched you in a boat, just be be golden fried and served up with some good-ole hushpuppies and fries, maybe even with a cold-beer? What is this world coming to? :rolleyes: :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jh_blount
    Whats wrong with you people? Have you no hearts!!! Did you ever stop to think about those crapppies family? How would you like it if someone just slammed a jig in your mouth and snatched you in a boat, just be be golden fried and served up with some good-ole hushpuppies and fries, maybe even with a cold-beer? What is this world coming to? :rolleyes: :D
    nutin like goin out is a blaze of grease,er I mean glory!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman
    nutin like goin out is a blaze of grease,er I mean glory!!
    LMAO!!:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a small school of them suspended in my freezer