You would think that with a C&R bass season this year, that opening day of regular bass season wouldn't be such a big deal - WRONG!

The little lake (big pond) I fish was PACKED with boats trying to catch bass Saturday. Normally (we fish here every weekend) there might be 1 or 2, sometimes as many as 3 other boats on the pond on a Saturday morning - This weekend, there were at least 15 on the water when we got there at 6AM, and by the time we left at 10, there were probably 25. We puttered around some of the spots we normally catch bass and only managed to catch a bowfin. After that, finding a spot to fish for bass wasn't gonna happen - the place was crowded, sooooo, we decided to have ourselves a productive outing and put on our crappie tubes and started slow-trolling around the deep (8-10ft) water in the middle. I don't know how all the bassers did, but my son decided to keep count 115 fish total in the 4 hours, 87 were crappie and 30 were keepers.

We managed to have a good day in spite the circus coming to our little fishing hole.