Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: special thanks to a great guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default special thanks to a great guy!

Finally got out on the water today thanks to Mr. Tom (aka canepole). You see, my boat motor quite and I can't afford to fix it right now since I have a baby girl with another on the way. Mr. Tom had a motor that he was giving away and I told him my situation and he was gracious enough to let me use it till I get back on my feet. Just wanted to give a public thanks and, well, brag about my first trip with his motor. I got to fish for about two hours this afternoon and caught 6 slabs and saw a six foot gator up close, about 10 feet away. I had 2 12 inchers, 1 13 inches, 1 14 incher and 1 15 incher. Also caught one dink. Mr. Tom, Thank you so much and may God continue to bless you and yours. God bless everyone here!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the upcoming child!
    congrats on the fishing trip!
    congrats to having found a gracious friend in mr. canepole!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on everything Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to get on the water today. And I'm glad to see that there are people like Tom out there that are still willing to do things for others.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not everyday that you come across a great person like Tom is. I don't know him personally, but I have read alot of his posts and this is not out of the norm for him. Congrats on it all.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats of your good fortune and Tom should feel very good about being able to help you out like that!

Way to go Tom!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishermen helping out fellow fishermen!!!! THAT is the way it should be.
    Congrats on the successful trip and to TOM (aka Cane Pole) You're a good man!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a wonderful feeling to have folks here that truly care about each other. I'm so glad you were the recipient of Tom's generosity and caring.

I remember well another time, not long ago when a bunch of folks on here showed ME thier generosity and caring. I think about it every single time I go fishing, and a lot in between! I doubt very seriously any of them knows how much what they did meant to me.

Things have changed in the year and a half since I was in a similar position. I can tell you though, that it is something you never forget.

Tom, I hope you and Honey are blessed many times over for having the caring and desire to help another.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the fishing trip and also the Kiddos. I certainly understand that blessing as you can tell by my name lol. God Bless you Tom. You know when we think the world is so bad, all we have to do is to look at or hear about people like Tom. People, there is no better feeling than helping someone. When they ask how much they owe you, just tell them a handshake or a hug. That is more than enough payment for a good deed. Money can never buy that great feeling.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on baby and recieving the motor.For those of you that have not met Tom,you don't know what you have missed.He is truly a careing and giving soul,that will help you any he can.And I am proud to call him my friend.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast