Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canepole.....Got any prices yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole.....Got any prices yet?

The best price I got on a new 60HP Bigfoot was $6,400 installed including prop plus tax.

From the same guy I got a price of $8,500 for a 115 4 stroke installed plus tax.

When you jump from a 60HP to a 70HP, 90HP and 115HP you get almost 37 more cubic inches.

There is alot of torque from those 37 cubic inches available if you need it.

The bigfoot 60HP uses the same lower end and gear ratio as the 90. Geared for ump for sure.

To change to a Honda, Yamaha, Johnson or Suzuki I'd have to change all the controls. They want from $700 to $850 depending on the choice of motor. I said screw that schitt, I'll stick with Mercury for sure now. My 2000 150 EFI Mercury has been as good of a motor as you could ask for. It doesn't sip fuel for sure but when you mash the throttle down it's up and gone in a heartbeat. You can ask Moose about the holeshot it has loaded or unloaded. Hell bigger 4-strokes don't get any better fuel milage when run hard like a 2 stroke on the same boat. I ain't ready to putt around right now. I still like performance of a 2 stroke on my fishing boat.

Putting around is for old folks anyway, not for you canepole or me. We still young folk at heart. :D Least I am. :D

Larry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here Ya

I am pretty much zeroed in on the Merc 60 Bigfoot. Bout 6200 bucks looks like.
    Going to boat show in Jackson Tn this Friday. Whoever gives the best deal get me money. Like u said. I want have to buy controls or nothing with the merc. Hang it and go. Honda and Suzis too heavy for my little boat. Don't need a lot of speed. Hell I ain't got far to go, just front yard....lol....Neighbor has bad ass Merc with nitrous injection. I go fast with him...wow What a kick in the ass that rig is...It is an older Merc with carbs, but nothin can catch him round my area...He has to buy a lot of power heads...haha...he hotdog, but good guy...he old turd like me without nothing to do...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see you and your neighbor out there on the race track... er I mean KY Lake. LOL Sounds like you two know how to have some fun.

Do you guys run over the Water Fleas with that jazzed up Boat?

Seado = water flea

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I am pretty much zeroed in on the Merc 60 Bigfoot. Bout 6200 bucks looks like.
    Going to boat show in Jackson Tn this Friday. Whoever gives the best deal get me money. Like u said. I want have to buy controls or nothing with the merc. Hang it and go. Honda and Suzis too heavy for my little boat. Don't need a lot of speed. Hell I ain't got far to go, just front yard....lol....Neighbor has bad ass Merc with nitrous injection. I go fast with him...wow What a kick in the ass that rig is...It is an older Merc with carbs, but nothin can catch him round my area...He has to buy a lot of power heads...haha...he hotdog, but good guy...he old turd like me without nothing to do...
    Regards,

Moose1am