Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of My Boat Electronics in action DonG, and fishes too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of My Boat Electronics in action DonG, and fishes too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey and I were trying to run down the trophies, but that is now on hold til next weekend....Hmmmmmmmmm.

Dug a few nice fish out of the stumps in 15-20 foot of water. Water temp ranged from 82 to 86 degrees.

The big screen is my laptop with Kentucky Hydrographics maps. I just drive right up to this underwater stuff using the big screen. Ain't technology wonderful. While you guys with those 997 are looking for the stuff, I just drive up to it...hahaha

The other instrument near the console is my HP IPAQ 2195. I use it navigating. It is just a miniature of the big one up front. Well kinda. It is wireless. and uses the wireless Garmin GPS10. Nice not to have an umbilical cord following you around.

That handsome guy holding the fish is yours truly. Actually Honey took the picture, but missed the bottom fishie. I had just "doubled up". It gets a little wild when you try to land two fish on the line. What a kick in the pants! That pole is my Richard Williams 10 footer that I use bottom bumping. As you can see, I have the red cagun 17 lb test line and my tried and true Martin reel. Pretty simple setup. I don't need a complicated pole. I am busy reading my gadgets. Those poles in the pole holder are just along for the ride. Might get lucky. I am left handed. That is why there is nothing on the left side of the cockpit. I gotta have working room somewhere.

We pulled in well over a hundred fish, but only kept 18. We had a large time.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Fancy setup ya got there. Guess your the Bill Gates of crappie fishin:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Pic's

Looks like the only thing left to be put in the boat is a PopCorn Popper. hehe

srm

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole

keep postin those pictures of them crappies and I,ll run away from home and come on down
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you and honey were having fun.MISTER GADGET,LOL
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup, and gratz on the fish!

Post Thanks / Like

fancy schmancy inspector gadgets!
    and a lady fisherwoman?
    I'm jealous.

Maybe I'll take a picture of my paddle for you....

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

HIGH TECH TOM....Are you really going to let Frank & me in your boat? You know all 3 of us are moving toward middle age... Will any of those gadgets do an MRI or EKG? Might come in handy....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Tom, I expected you to say your HP IPAQ 2195 Space modulator! lol! That's pretty awesome. Just goes to show you got to fish where they are and you've obviously got that figured out.

I'd be scared to death that a big wave or something would knock my lap top into the drink!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, now I know why I don't catch many fish! I just use a pole, guess I gotta get rich and buy some lectronic gadgits to catch more! Just kiddin, Mr. Tom, great lookin set up. I wouldn't be able to read all that, though.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast