PDA

View Full Version : Pics of My Boat Electronics in action DonG, and fishes too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cane Pole
06-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Honey and I were trying to run down the trophies, but that is now on hold til next weekend....Hmmmmmmmmm.

Dug a few nice fish out of the stumps in 15-20 foot of water. Water temp ranged from 82 to 86 degrees.

The big screen is my laptop with Kentucky Hydrographics maps. I just drive right up to this underwater stuff using the big screen. Ain't technology wonderful. While you guys with those 997 are looking for the stuff, I just drive up to it...hahaha

The other instrument near the console is my HP IPAQ 2195. I use it navigating. It is just a miniature of the big one up front. Well kinda. It is wireless. and uses the wireless Garmin GPS10. Nice not to have an umbilical cord following you around.

That handsome guy holding the fish is yours truly. Actually Honey took the picture, but missed the bottom fishie. I had just "doubled up". It gets a little wild when you try to land two fish on the line. What a kick in the pants! That pole is my Richard Williams 10 footer that I use bottom bumping. As you can see, I have the red cagun 17 lb test line and my tried and true Martin reel. Pretty simple setup. I don't need a complicated pole. I am busy reading my gadgets. Those poles in the pole holder are just along for the ride. Might get lucky. I am left handed. That is why there is nothing on the left side of the cockpit. I gotta have working room somewhere.

We pulled in well over a hundred fish, but only kept 18. We had a large time.

Charger
06-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Fancy setup ya got there. Guess your the Bill Gates of crappie fishin:D

crappie cowboy
06-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Looks like the only thing left to be put in the boat is a PopCorn Popper. hehe

srm

frank lawhead
06-17-2007, 06:51 PM
keep postin those pictures of them crappies and I,ll run away from home and come on down :) :)

roybuoy
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Looks like you and honey were having fun.MISTER GADGET,LOL

harpenter
06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Nice setup, and gratz on the fish!

Micropterus salmoides
06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
fancy schmancy inspector gadgets!
and a lady fisherwoman?
I'm jealous.

Maybe I'll take a picture of my paddle for you....

Don G
06-17-2007, 08:46 PM
HIGH TECH TOM....Are you really going to let Frank & me in your boat? You know all 3 of us are moving toward middle age...:) Will any of those gadgets do an MRI or EKG? Might come in handy....

badbrad
06-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Gosh Tom, I expected you to say your HP IPAQ 2195 Space modulator! lol! That's pretty awesome. Just goes to show you got to fish where they are and you've obviously got that figured out.

I'd be scared to death that a big wave or something would knock my lap top into the drink!

beenfishin?
06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, now I know why I don't catch many fish! I just use a pole, guess I gotta get rich and buy some lectronic gadgits to catch more! Just kiddin, Mr. Tom, great lookin set up. I wouldn't be able to read all that, though.

camofish
06-17-2007, 10:00 PM
very nice, got a few electronics. :eek: :cool:

paidin
06-17-2007, 11:37 PM
very nice setup. Could you please elaborate on your setup some more? I would like to do something like that with what I have. So far, I have a bluetooth gps, dell axim, laptop, and two fish finders. If you could talk about yoru setup and software etc, maybe I can figure out what to do with my stuff. So far, I cant seem to catch fish so I might as well do SOMETHING productive while I am on the water :)

paidin

Barnacle Bill
06-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Where's the mircowave?

PanMan_VA
06-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Nice job on the toys Tom! Now, you just need a side scanning SONAR to tow behind the boat.

skiptomylu
06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I saw this last night, but couldn't come up with a good question because I was just struck wondering what the heck all that is and what the big screen does.

So Tom how about a short little run through and highlight what all that is and does? I mean all I have on mine is a color sonar on the troll motor and a large GPS/Sonar on the console with Navionics Gold premium map.

Well I don't count this in the same type thing, but I guess I need to include the stereo as an electronic feature, but I am still wanting to know that that big screen is for on yours.

joejv4
06-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Gadget-heads of the world unite!!!!
Love your setup Tom!

I'm still fishing out of a rowboat, but I've got an Ipaq 6315 with TomTom software and a TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver in my tackle bag - just so I can keep track of my hotspots. The ipaq also has a camera, so I use it for my fishin' photos too.

Someday I hope to have a setup like yours though. That's awesome!

Joe

ShilohRed
06-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Tom That is nice. But............... My 987 still finds stuff on other lakes that yours will not work on.
I know give that guy time, And he will have a map of every lake around. LOL
Looks good tom. I would love to see a video of that thing in use.
Pete

Cane Pole
06-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Gadget-heads of the world unite!!!!
Love your setup Tom!

I'm still fishing out of a rowboat, but I've got an Ipaq 6315 with TomTom software and a TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver in my tackle bag - just so I can keep track of my hotspots. The ipaq also has a camera, so I use it for my fishin' photos too.

Someday I hope to have a setup like yours though. That's awesome!

Joe

Those IPAQs are really handy tools. Just gotta use them. Nothing to it.

crappiefarmer
06-18-2007, 02:10 PM
That is beyond me Mr. Tom. I just got good reading my regular graph. All that extra stuff you have just leaves me with a blank, dull expression on my face. But it sure looks cool!!!:D CF

Glowgood Jigster
06-19-2007, 05:45 AM
I recall back last winter, Tom did a great pictorial of all his electronics as he installed them on the boat. It was very educational, as I was able to install all of the same items on my boat, just using the info he provided. Of course, I'm refering to my imaginary boat, the one I think about when I'm at work.
My real boat is cool, but nothing like most of the others I see on here, especially Tom "Cane Pole Mr. Wizard" 's boat. I'm real hi tec now, a 4 stroke outboard, a Bottom Line sonar, and a Scout underwater camera. I also have a Garmin GPS to mark good fishing spots and tell me how fast my boat trolls and cruises. My wife tells me everything else I will ever need to know, and I'll leave the rest right there. ;) Life is good, God has blessed,
and the rest as they say, is up to us.