Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Paradise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Paradise

I had a two hour window today to do something. Normally if I cant fish for at least 4 hours it's not worth me putting the boat in the water. Today though I had a new hitch put on my truck and a new depth finder mounted on my boat last week and I was really jonesing to try them both out. With only 2 hours to play with I had to go to paradise lake. Not much of a boat ramp and no place to get out of the wind did not make it the best two hours I have ever had. I did get to mess around with the new depth finder a bit though and the hitch worked just fine Caught two crappie, both dinks.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least you got to go . I haven't been out since New Years day.
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Pat
    Now you're ready for warm weather and full livewells.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default I hear you

I will take the full livewells over the weather at this point
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy that consistantly caught some nice crappie at Paradise last year. There are times I really like to fish there.
    What kind of fishfinder did you get? I plan on ordering one for my boat this year, probably in the next 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default weather man wrong again

I got up to take the kids to school this morning and no wind or rain. Back to Paradise I went fished from 8:30am till 12:30pm. Caught 7 with 2 keepers. Not enough to grease the skilet so I threw em back. Pretty nice day though weather wise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Redtick

Sorry red, I almost forgot about you. I have a Garmin 160 mounted by my steering wheel that reads off the back of the boat. My New one is a Bottom Line 480 Tournament Max, mounted up in front of the boat that reads off the trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am going to buy a Hummingbird Matrix 37 to put on the back of my boat and I have a Bottom Line "Fishing Buddy" portable I am going to use on the front of my boat. It has a "sidefinder" feature and I can sometimes find crappie schools with it.
    Where did you catch your crappie at? I have heard there are a couple of guys catching them at Lake Mattoon but I haven't had my boat in the water yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tick

Red, caught most of them off the rocks at the north end.

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty shallow on the North end, they must be up in the shallow water then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast