Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankbait trolling question.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankbait trolling question.

Hi all,

I have trolled since I was a kid ... caught about everything you can name and some you can't .. lol

My question is, how do you keep the sand bass (white bass) off of the crankbaits when pulling for crappie? My home lake, Eufuala, OK, is ate up with nasty ole white bass and they love crankbaits. We call them "barbwire" cause handling them is like handling a quivering ball of barbwire.

Can anyone show a link to a good pulling for crappie how-to article?

Thanks,
    Winger
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/jeff/

I have the same problem but with white perch.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

yellowjojo Guest

i bought a neptune 34# thrust engine mount trolling motor and i can stop the propellor with my hand at full speed is that normal or is there somthing wrong with it sorry for posting a reply i didnt know how to start a new thread thanks for your comments

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellowjojo
    i bought a neptune 34# thrust engine mount trolling motor and i can stop the propellor with my hand at full speed is that normal or is there somthing wrong with it sorry for posting a reply i didnt know how to start a new thread thanks for your comments
    Are you saying that while holding the prop you put it on full speed and it doesn't move? I can't imagine reaching in with my hand on a prop moving at full speed.

yellowjojo Guest

Question

i can put my finger on the nub that sticks out in the middle of the prop and eventually after 10 seconds or so it stops... is that normal this is the first trolling motor i ever delt with

Post Thanks / Like

I would suspect a weak battery.