Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trip to NC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trip to NC

I just got back today from a business trip to Charlotte, NC. Been there since Sunday. I made a trip to the local Bass Pro Shop and was somewhat disappointed. Even though this store is bigger than the one here in Savannah, I found the section labeled "Crappie Fishing" to be somewhat anemic. I was looking at picking up some 10 foot Ugly Stick rods, but they didn't have a single one in the house. I bought a Pflueger reel and while talking with the salesman he told me that they usually don't have a lot of crappie stuff. I did find a nice 12V, 50 watt light to use in my boat or on the dock for night fishing. The light is made in NC and is something they don't sell here in Savannah.
    Even though the Bass Pro didn't have what I was looking for, I did enjoy my trip. I took a tour of Lowe's Motor Speedway, which was enjoyable. Plan on taking the wife up there next May for one of the Nascar races.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Manz
    I took a tour of Lowe's Motor Speedway, which was enjoyable. Plan on taking the wife up there next May for one of the Nascar races.

Go to the All-Star race and stay at home for the 600. Believe me, the All-Star race is much better to watch at the track!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Bass Pro wants to push Wally Marshall's rod's....I know the one in Nashville doesn't carry Ugly stick crappie rods either. I still end up ordering most of my stuff for crappie fishing on-line. Local Wal-mart is all we have in town so speciality items have to be ordered.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default monkscrappie

Jim,
    Check Out My Web Site!

monkscrappie.com