Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canadice/Hemlock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadice/Hemlock

Anyone have any stories to share from these two lakes. Going to make the 120 mile run up there this weekend and can't decide between the kayak and 40 mpg car or the boat and the 15 mpg truck!
    Also wonder if the first weekend of bass season is a good time or should I wait for a rainy weekend later in the summer to keep the fisherman population down?
    Yeah I got the online permit and read all the restriction.

Post Thanks / Like

Canadice Lake looked like an aluminum boat convention was under way Saturday morning. At 14 feet and 10 horse, it seemed strange to be one of the largest fasted boats! At 7:30 I was about the 15th boat according to the empty trailer count, with a line formed behind me. Canoes and kayaks even more plentiful as the day went on.
    Nice lake, quiet lake, nice day, no fish to speak of. One large mouth, one small mouth and one small pickerel. Lunch, nap in the boat and move on to another lake that actually has catchable bass in it! I have to re-train to fish on clear water lakes I guess. A nice rainy day would have helped both the fishing and the boat population I bet. Maybe next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you'd think opening day would be no big deal since they started allowing C & R during the off season - NOPE! I don't think you could have found a farm pond that didn't have at least 10 boats on it Saturday. My thought is the "No fish" part of your report was a direct result of all the noise from boats and all the fishing pressure - My guess is all the bass were pretty much spooked for the day by 7:00AM.