PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Crappie to 7#?

skiptomylu
06-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I have seen this talked about on another board and wondered if any of you ever heard anything like this? The Post below is a copy & Paste.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you seen the Hybrid Crappie offer?

Did anybody else see the free fingerling Hybrid Crappie offer? They claim that they will grow to 4 to 7 lbs. They need to get rid of the fish to make room in their tanks for more hatch. They are free and will deliver. I bet they are already gone, since I saw the offer a week ago. I started to call them and tell them to deliver them to Ceder Creek and dump the whold load, but didn't. My lakes keep going dry every year.

joejv4
06-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Those hybrids wouldn't be the much sought-after crapperals, would they?

crapperal = hybrid between crappie and pickerel:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/joejv4/crapperals.jpg

backtocrappie
06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Hybrids, crapperal?

Them right there is speckled walleye, very common in most of the lower 48.

kygorski
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
There used to be a saying, belief half of what you see, and nothing you heard. There was work being done in michigan, by a biologist, Tanner was his name, and it involved something called triploid or something. It was speculated that this process could mean blue gill up to 6 pounds. He was the guy who,s idea it was to introduce salmonids into the great lakes. That started a fishing boom that caught on like wild fire.For over 8 years thjats all I fished for, coho, chinook, steelhead, and lake trout, plus huge brown trout. Then the bottom fell out sort of. The forage base was being commercially fished for pet food, and a virus infected some of the major hatcherys. Its coming back. But these old bones and limited budget, well I can still dream.