Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When its all over

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When its all over

Ok, the fishing trip is over and you are putting up your gear. How do you store all your crappie poles so the won't get damaged? I have some overhead racks I made but have ran out of room. When I was using the collapsible type poles with no reels on them, it was no problem. Now I have some of these new super whatevers and have to be careful so they don't get banged around. What do you do with yours? I'm looking for some new ideas.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default as long as you don't have kids or dogs. You will be ok

I have to put my long poles up in the rafters of my garage to keep them away from my kids and my rowdy dogs.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

The inside cardboard tubes to a carpet rolls is what I use. I don't have to break most of my poles down(up to 12' long). I then just lay these next to a wall that is out of the way.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default PVC Pipe

I use PVC pipe and leave them in my locked rod box. I have cut a grove so the reels slide down into and have caps on both ends.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I have to break mine down, even though the rodbox is extra long. I do this - reel up to slip float and split shot, break down in the two pieces and fold in half. Wrap the tag end of the line around the rod handle and the tip together and fasten hook into handle. Then half way up, grab the line in the small half and wrap around the big half and over an eye to hold the whole mess together. Hope this made sense. Sounds complicated but it not really. Makes it all shorter for storage plus protects the tips from being broken.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default carefull

I use to put my rods in the rod locker of my boat till a Mouse decide to use the cork on the handle as a meal. I saw where you can put Bounce fresh scent in the storage areas and the mice don't like the smell of it. You might want to try it. It might save your handles one day and if nothing else it makes the boat smell "fresh" hahaha. :D
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod storage

I break down mine, put them back in the shipping tubes they came in. My wife doesn't check these tubes, she KNOWS they have my salmon rods in them. The salmon rods are in the boat, Richard's rods are in the tubes. If Richard quits selling rods that break down I'll have to find a new supplier. LOL
    This way I just set the tubes in the corner in plain sight. Good Luck

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hang em

I built my own holders and hand them from the rafters in the garage. Built from scrap wood. Easy to do. Will get pics and show u if u interested. Works pretty good. Up out of the way of everything. I use mine year round.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I built my own holders and hand them from the rafters in the garage. Built from scrap wood. Easy to do. Will get pics and show u if u interested. Works pretty good. Up out of the way of everything. I use mine year round.
    That is what I use now. I have 3 racks on the overhead and I've ran out of room. Maybe I need to find another place for my saltwater poles as they rarely get used anymore.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va