Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Role call for LA fishermen

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Role call for LA fishermen

Where are all our LA fishermen and women? I know of two other than myself that have made posts, and I'm sure there must be many more. The three of us that are making posts would like to hear from the rest of our fellow crappie addicts, including the girls. Please leave us a post.....just say hello and let us know you're out there. Fishing is slow in most lakes and rivers here in LA, so don't wait for a big stringer! Looking forward to hearing from you.........

Louisiana Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been doing too well because of the water conditions in my area. Even switched off of crappie for a while and tried catfish - still not much. I live in the Simmesport area, so high water on the Atchafalaya and MS Rivers messes up my fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to the board,Davy..

Thanks for your response, glad to hear from you. We've got the same conditions here in N.W. LA, some of the smaller lakes are falling, while Red River and Toledo Bend, along with a few others, are still rising....most are muddy. In about a month, we will be wishing for a rain to cool us down, but right now it would be nice to have some stable weather.
    We hope to see your name here often, Davy. Don't be a stranger!

Louisiana Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

We are here! Jim and Tammy
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been working so much, the last few months, that I haven't had much time to check in. I'm still reading as often as I can. I've been able to fish only twice in the last two months and had nothing positive to write about. Hopefully, it'll get better soon. Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Role call....

Welcome to the board JnT, I like to hear from all the fisherfolks on the site, especially the LA board. (I can get more local reports!) LOL! Pooch....good to hear from you,too. I sometimes forget EVERYBODY isn't retired and can't spend the time on the 'puter that I do. I hope to see your names often. The weather and high water is raising cane with the fishing (especially in S. Louisiana) and we're not getting much in the way of positive reports on crappie fishing in LA. Fishing is picking up in the S'port area, but very slowly. Six hours yesterday on Bistineau produced 8 nice ones and a few under 6 inches, caught on jigs (black and chartruce) between 8 and 12 ft. around the cypress trees close to deeper channels.....a decent report from a crappie fishing buddy. Jim and Tammy, keep us posted if you do well, and even if you don't. A "no fish" report is just as useful as a "full stringer" report. Tell your friends about our site, more is better....especially in your own area. More reports that can take you to the sacalait.

Good luck to all,

labill

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I heard that the sacalait were really biting recently in Chicot Lake. A fellow I work with caught lots of them along with plenty of shellcrackers (Red-eared sunfish.) He caught them about 8 ft deep near cypress trees. I don't recall what colors he was using, but believe it was some sort of jig. At least they're biting somewhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another LA Crappie Addict

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Where are all our LA fishermen and women? I know of two other than myself that have made posts, and I'm sure there must be many more. The three of us that are making posts would like to hear from the rest of our fellow crappie addicts, including the girls. Please leave us a post.....just say hello and let us know you're out there. Fishing is slow in most lakes and rivers here in LA, so don't wait for a big stringer! Looking forward to hearing from you.........

Louisiana Bill
    Louisiana Bill,
    I will agree that fishing is slow. However, it is still good to be on the water.
    Caught a few nice crappie (I should say sac-a-lait) weekend before last in a small borrow pit next to the levee by Charenton, LA. The pit is approx. 12 feet at its deepest. The ones I caught were on the bottom. Used tube jig while letting the wind push me along at a slow pace.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Role Call....

Deacon......It's always good to hear from another crappie addict! Welcome to the LA board. We have several members in the south of LA that will make it easier for you to get some area specific fishing reports. Some of them work off shore two out and two in shifts, but they will post when they are in. If you are in the Clarenton area, you're just about as far south as a man can get without getting his feet wet. My eldest sister was born in Houma, we lived 1 block north of the canal. I can still hear the boats blowing their whistles to raise the bridge, but that was a long time ago.
    Glad to have you in the forum, we need all the crappie addicts we can find, so tell your friends about our site. It's slow right now due to the weather in LA, but things will pick up when the sacalait start schooling in their summer patterns. If you're catching 'em, you're doing better than most of us! Good luck! :D

Louisiana Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Louisiana Crappie Fishing

Still looking for more LA members. Drop us a post if you haven't checked in lately. Seems crappie fishing is slow everywhere, but like deacon said, it's still good to be out on our lakes and rivers. I'm headed to Lake Claiborne early tomorrow, and I'll enjoy the trip regardless of the number of crappie caught.

Louisiana Bill

Good luck + tight lines= big crappie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast