Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stuck in office

Post Thanks / Like

Default stuck in office

Man oh man, the weather is beautiful here in Northeast Arkansas and I'm stuck in the the office. Sure would be nice if I were on the water. Oh well, finish this week out, do the anniversary thing this weekend and then I'll be chasing crappie. Told the wife not to plan anything until the end of May. LOL Hang in there men and post as many pics as you can so I can show the wife what I'm missing. LOL.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

man, I feel your pain. Tommorow it is going to be in the 70's with a light wind. A perfect day here in N Alabama. My wife's birthday is this week, along with Val's day today. I have a map of the lake on my wall I just stare at all day long. Man, I bet those new brush piles have fish on them.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Work is for people that don't know how to fish! Oh well, 11 more months and maybe I can learn how to fish. Or better yet, learn how to catch. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we might have to have a sick day coming this week. I'm starting to feel kinda yucky feeling. The weather here is beautiful too. Sun shinning bright and barley no wind. I really think a day on the lake might help this sick feelings. What do you think? Might have to go see the Fish Doctor.

Post Thanks / Like

Darn you southern guys.......it's rainy and chilly here.....and of course being Monday makes things even worse... and if I wasn't feeling low enough I get on here and read about your nice weather and your fishing plans....now I feel even worse.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    Darn you southern guys.......it's rainy and chilly here.....and of course being Monday makes things even worse... and if I wasn't feeling low enough I get on here and read about your nice weather and your fishing plans....now I feel even worse.
    Kenny, I agree with you. Getting cabin fever here myself. Here in western
    Pa, we need an ice out, and the rain and or snow to quit, and get with our fishing program, lol.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenny and S10
    You live in the north!
    You should move to a nicer climate. I would never move north. I hate the cold and snow. Man I hate snow. It is pretty to look at on the banks of the river while fishing. I should move south. It gets to cold here in bama for me at times.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Cabin Fever Big Time
    Have to agree with kenny here it is 10 AM temp 23 degrees, sun shinning, no wind and I'm thinking about getting on the lake. Am I crazy or something that is below freezing and you southern guys are talking 70 degrees. Why do we hate southerners...always have the better weather and better fisheees....LOL. Don't really hate southerners just extremely jealous.

Spring is coming soon ( I Hope!!)
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southerners

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    Cabin Fever Big Time
    Have to agree with kenny here it is 10 AM temp 23 degrees, sun shinning, no wind and I'm thinking about getting on the lake. Am I crazy or something that is below freezing and you southern guys are talking 70 degrees. Why do we hate southerners...always have the better weather and better fisheees....LOL. Don't really hate southerners just extremely jealous.

Spring is coming soon ( I Hope!!)
    Well, the weather is a little better down here than there but it is going to be raining and windy all weekend. But, that's okay too. I can stand the cold - it's the wind that's tough. The little 2700 acre lake I fish can get pretty nasty the way it is laid out if you are in a small boat. I fish in a 16 1/2 ft. and can get by okay. I do some business with alot of people up around Remington,Burlington and Camden areas and talk to them quite frequently about the weather. They all would like to move down here too. I tell them they would get spoiled in the Spring and Fall but would hate it in the Summer with the 102 + and humidity and mosqutioes we have. The fishing has been getting better every week. Those slabs down here will spoil you quick. My wife gets mad at me when I throw those fish under 11" back. I only like to keep the bigger(filleting size) fish. Some people get down right hostile when they see me throwing fish back. I will keep a few smaller when I don't have fish to eat in the freezer but, this time of year that's not a problem. Matter of fact we are having a big cooking this weekend (fryed and baked) all you can eat. Some of the others coming are bringing fresh oysters and crawfish.Of course there will plenty of everyones favorate brew. Problably sounds like we are spoiled - too bad - :p :p Well, I wouldn't change a thing except maybe go to a 4 day work week or just retire and fish all week. Whatcha Think????
    Last edited by lovetofish; 02-18-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was nice out on the water this morning.
    Only caught one fish. And it was a 16 lb 2 oz channel cat.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast