Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sat and Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat and Sun

We went to Indiantown both days. Sat. we kept 39 and Sun. we kept 47. All yellow perch.
    We found that the bigger females were in 9 ft. of water. They are spawning now and I think it will stay good until the end of the month with the full moon on the 24th.
    We got to do a little socializing with Bill and his patner on Sun. and they are a hoot. Bill, I got a kick out of your comment when he tried to net that perch!
    Crash, try to get here this coming weekend.
    I've got some photos on my digital camera. Can anyone tell me how to post them? If any one wants I can e-mail them.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

S H, I would imagine that some people listening to Roy and I talking might think we are bitter enemies or just crazy. Fact is, we have been fishing together for about 25 years. If I don't tell him he's crazy once in a while, he thinks I don't like him anymore. LOL

As for pictures, try doing a search on "pictures". Instructions are posted somewhere but I forget where.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear the fish are hitting somewhere. The surface temperatures on the places I fish are still in the very low 40s. The fish are slightly more active, but are not willing to take an artificial bait yet.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I am in need of some major help. I went out this weekend armed with live minnows. I went to Little Creek Resoivore and the water temp was about 42 degrees. I saw hundreds if not thousands of fish laying on the bottom or a few feet above it suspended. I used egg weights to take them down and drifted across them I don't know how many times but didn't get a bite. Do you guys think I was drifting too fast. The wind was pretty blustery that day and I couldn't anchor or slow my drift down. I also used some maribou jigs in chartreuse and black & yellow, and black & white. I even tossed out some worm under a bobber. Most of the water depths were 17ft-50ft. They nmight not have been crappie but I was hoping to just get a bite. Any suggestion?
    Gary H

Hampton, Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dusty
    I am in need of some major help. I went out this weekend armed with live minnows. I went to Little Creek Resoivore and the water temp was about 42 degrees. I saw hundreds if not thousands of fish laying on the bottom or a few feet above it suspended. I used egg weights to take them down and drifted across them I don't know how many times but didn't get a bite. Do you guys think I was drifting too fast. The wind was pretty blustery that day and I couldn't anchor or slow my drift down. I also used some maribou jigs in chartreuse and black & yellow, and black & white. I even tossed out some worm under a bobber. Most of the water depths were 17ft-50ft. They nmight not have been crappie but I was hoping to just get a bite. Any suggestion?
    I think the suspended objects you saw in the very deep water are tree limbs. About this time last year I saw the same thing, but was drifting so fast I could not get a three ounce sinker to the bottom. I finally got out there when the wind was not blowing and was able to identify the objects I saw on the graph as tree limbs.

I have never found the deep water areas where the crappie hang out in the winter or their pre-spawn staging areas at LCR. I have yet to find any decent cover in the 20' to 30' depth range to try. The steep drops around channel intersections have given up nothing. I have only had luck around the beaver huts.

Use the link in my signature to see a map of LCR and the locations of the beaver huts I have found.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Squirrel hunter, check your mail, I can post the pics for you.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to Little Creek but I'm looking forward to Keith showing me where the shell crackers are this June. I do know the crappie want a very slow, if not standing still bait right now. I think we could have done better yesterday if we could have drifted slower. I don't like using a sea anchor. Everything gets tangled up in it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    Squirrel hunter, check your mail, I can post the pics for you.
    Thanks Ranger, I sent you the pics.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast