Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish!!!!!!!!!!!l....Life is good!!!!!!!!!!pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish!!!!!!!!!!!l....Life is good!!!!!!!!!!pics

We went out Saturday afternoon to try our luck. I guess we got lucky. Took Honey and my neighbor Pam along (her husband doesn’t fish). We caught well over 100 fishes. We only kept enough for a good meal or two. I didn’t feel like cleaning a lot of fish. I wore the ladies out with my KY lake rig (bumping bottom). I “doubled up” several times with nice fish. Boy is that fun.

The boat traffic was awful. Tried the power lines north, but the water was like riding on a roller coaster. We moved behind Mansard Island to get out of the traffic, and hooked up a few nice fish on the channel. Wind came up and jet skiers moved in, so we moved back to West Sandy.

We them tried our luck at some condos that Paul, Fatboy and I put out last year. Bingo! All fish were taken in 12 to 15 foot of water. Water temp 78 to 81 degrees. Most were caught on minnows. Chartreuse and white tube jig brought home a few, but it was minnow day by far.

Big fish was little over 16 inches and weighed 2.2 pounds. Not bad. We had a large time. Life is goooooooooooooooood and gonna get better in about 3 more months...

The built in minnow buckets on the Tracker that I insulated worked fine. No dead minnows after 5 hours at above 85 degrees. The timers that I built worked good too (30 sec on and 2 min off). I think this is Jerry Blake's timer interval. Perfect time for me there Jerry. Makes me jump every once in a while when they time out and turn the water on..ha Not used to it yet.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Would you mind explaining your KY lake rig (bumping bottom).

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Would you mind explaining your KY lake rig (bumping bottom).

Skip
    Her are a couple of pics. I get these rigs at Wal Mart. I use a 1/2 oz to 1 oz bell weight and attach to the bottom fastener. I am using 17 lb test line (Cagun red on sale at Wal Mart). I lower this rig to the bottom and pull it up a few feet and lower and raise and lower. You get hung a lot, thus the heavy line. It wears me out rigging like this, but I kill the fish certain times of the year like this. Ain't for everybody, but this time of the year, I will wear a dedicated jig fisherman's ash out with this rig.

Lots of variations of this rig out there. I just lazy. I ain't into knot tying. Keep it simple. Shop Wally. I do tie double jig rigs though. Desperation sets in sometimes.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

That's just about slicker'n a minner's lip, CP. I think I could make me a couple of those. I saw in one of my catalogs that the metal part can be bought. That may be better'n trying to make'em.
    Thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks C.P. My finger dexterity is slightly above that of a crayfish. I can tie a palomar or uniknot but I lose considerable fishing time. The pre-tied rigs and stout braid might be half the answer for fishing timber or trolling.
    The other half may be (shhh)... snaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch CP!! WTG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willsjwills
    That's just about slicker'n a minner's lip, CP. I think I could make me a couple of those. I saw in one of my catalogs that the metal part can be bought. That may be better'n trying to make'em.
    Thanks a lot.
    CP's right,we've got'em at wally world and they're cheap enough that it wouldn't be worth trying to tie one up.
    Looks like a nice dinner CP save some for me :D :D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish! Good looking motor too!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good load of fish Tom....I see you are wearing that "pre retirement" smile...Won't be long now.....Frank & I will see you soon....

Would you post a picture of the cockpit of your boat including the wide screen TV..?...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! great catch CP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast