Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Greenwood on Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenwood on Sat.

Fished Greenwood on Sat. with pretty good luck. Fished from 7-11. I fished water from 8ft to 18ft. Didn't catch any in deep water. Caught all of them in 10-12ft of water 8ft down. Ended up with 10 crappie, I bass, and few perch. Only two of the crappies were small. I was really surprised where the main bite was. Everything I had read said the fish would be in 20ft of water at least. Not where I fished!! I wish that I had stayed in the shallower water all day instead of trying to catch some in the deep water. Plan on fishing again this Sat. morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Day skm

What jigs and color were you using skm if you dont mind telling us and what was the water temp?--sounds like you had fun
    undefinedundefinedundefined SCCRAPPIE

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnows

I had one white jig and a chart. jig on and didn't catch any crappie on them. I had 6 other rods out with minnows only that all the crappie were caught on. The water temp was 45.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks SKM--im going to try them on Tuesday morning and Wed,Ill post how I do. Again thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck

Hope you have good luck. You should have some great weather. I am curious at what the water temp is going to do with these two warm days.

Post Thanks / Like

You know them crappies are where you find them sometimes.Where you catch them in the morning,and where you catch them in the evening might be different this time of year.On lake Norman they are in 25 feet of water right now,and mabe 20 feet deep on this spot this morning,and 10 feet deep mabe this evening.Im thinking you were vertical fishing?If youn are fishing a cove that is only 15 feet deep the crappie wan,t be any deeper in that cove.LOL LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Greenwood

WOW! Did that fog turn them crappie on. Got to my spot about 7:45 AM and the 1st pull was a slab--and they hit almost all day--I limited out and stopped--the crappie were in 14--17 ft of water--water temp--48--49 degrees--jig/Wateree special and tipped with minnow.The jig was a SC special wobble eyes(red) made by me--lol--very good day--going again in morning--also hopefully the fog will still be around.

Post Thanks / Like

That fog does something to them fish.LOl great catch Sccrappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sccrappie

sccrappie,
    how deep were the fish in that 14-17ft water? What times was the bite best? Hope you had a good day today too.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi there SKM--the fish were holding from 9 to 12 foot--the bite was real slow this morning--wind got up early had to put out my wind sock.I did catch 7 and missed about 4 --water was choppy.water temp did move up to 49.3.Had a Dentist App this afternoon--wife asked me if I was going back--lol.I stayed and worked in my double sheds painting jigs and painting my rod tips.Just the other side of fishing.Good Luck Saturday buddy.