Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: back from my vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Default back from my vacation.

just got back from my 8 days vacation to oak island. had an absolute blast. i caught many trout, and spanish. one one day i caught over 15 keeper spanish. Their was a period of 3 days where nothing happened because of dirty water, then the final 3 days it all broke loose. Monday, we had a run of huge spanish mackeral come through busting all of our king rigs. i decked the biggest of them all at 4 pounds 11 oz as well as many in the 1-2 pound range. i even landed a baby king at 3 pounds, after he was tossed back, he became lunch for a shark. Yesterday started out slow. once the tide chaged at the magical hour of 11 am, it broke loose again. nice spanish hit the deck, then we had a king hit only to come off. then we had a double king run with both coming off, only to be topped off with another lost fish.
    Now today was a little slower. however, we had another run of spanish, then shortly after, we had a line fire off with a smoker on. after the lady fought the fish for about 45 minutes and running up and down the pier (thinking the fish was either a big shark or a cobia) we got a great look at it.......as it swam towards the pier...still green. a big king. as the fish started wrapping around the pylon, i lowered the gaff, and stuck him right where it counts. at the same time the line got cut. seconds later, the king was put on the deck with a lil assistance. he topped the scale near 30 pounds (a monster off a pier). As the pier tradition goes "the one that makes a saving gaff at a fish gets rewarded a good chunk of the fish that was saved" :D .

But anyways, all in all i had a blast and i cant wait to go again.

Rango, im ready to skipper on the ol Beast for a night or 2.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

welcome back pete. been missing seein you around. If you fished as hard off the pier in the hot sun as you do off the beast at night, id say you lost some weight while you was down that way. weve been doint fairly good on the crappie, not as many slabs per night as we done last year over, but enought for show and tell. well get hooked up sometime next week, if i can shake the bug ive got.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...