Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Debate's Over; 20 It Is!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Debate's Over; 20 It Is!

Well just got the paper and all that is left is for the Ky. legislature to vote & they always follow the recomendations of the KDWR. So com'n march 1, 2008 the new limit on Ky & Barkley Lakes will be 20 fish. You just remember what Ol'Wishers told ya. In 10/15 years they'll be look'n at a 10 to 15 fish limit. This limit isn't gonna do a darn thing for the population.

I have no problem with the 20 fish limit. My problem is the KDWR's lack of vision! Their inability to address the problem NOT THE DARN SYMPTOM! All the low population is is a symptom of poor fishery management!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Those lakes have a population problem?? I'm well aware of fisheries management being knuckleheads about crappie though. They sure ruined Chautauqua lake.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to throw my .02 in.........We just got home from KY, and Barkley.

1. I have never seen waves that big..........EVER..........
    2. MY pontoon is a beast, (18' voyager took 4' swells like a champ.)

3. Had a BLAST on the water, but did not catch one single crappie. Trolled Cranks all three days, tried em deep, shallow, on the banks, everywhere. Guys at the bait shop said they haven't even seen a crappie in a month.

Nothing but dink Stripers (probably over 100 caught). I had high hopes of coolers full of Crappie, but not this weekend. Something needs to be done about the population of crappie down there. Otherwise, I might drive past it, and go to reelfoot.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

We are still catching good numbers of crappie on the Big Sandy River part of the lake. Also catching lots of bluegill.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Here on Oologah, the Corp has a get together once a year. They supply Pontoon boats, flat barges, chainsaws, fuel, food, and give out door prizes to boot. They place brush in the lake. It's the only time one can take a tree on Corp property without a permit. I helped last year and there were 96 new condos placed within a two mile stretch of the lake. Each year they key on a different area. I don't think we could have a better bunch of officials here on Oologah. I tip my hat to them and thank them very much.
    When it's all said and done, they place the coordinates online for all to see. Limit here in Oklahoma is still 37 daily.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Reaper that would be a good Idea for other lakes in this state. I would like to see the state do something similar on their lakes. Been running into alot of dead ends here in the OKC area getting permission to drop cover.mabey some of the guys that organize that get together could convince the city folks how important it is to provide cover for the bate fish and the fry from the hatches. they are extremly hard headed.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I want put all the blame on TWRA. It is hard for them to maintain the waterways because it is under TVA control. TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resorce Agency) is self supporting. It receives no direct funding from the State pork barrel. It is my understanding that there is some legislation in process that is trying to force TVA to keep summer pool til October. There is no "real" reason for the water to begin dropping in July. I doubt if this legislation gets anywhere. It has been tried before. TVA bout like the IRS. Power Gluttons.

Flood control my foot. When it rains a lot. my boat dock goes underwater. Some flood control. Ask anyone who lives in Huntsville Al about flood control.

Tn will follow KYs lead.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    It is my understanding that there is some legislation in process that is trying to force TVA to keep summer pool til October. There is no "real" reason for the water to begin dropping in July. I doubt if this legislation gets anywhere. It has been tried before. TVA bout like the IRS. Power Gluttons.

The bioligists say it is good for fish to have the water to fall early to let the vegetation grow in places that would otherwise be underwater. The vegetation helps to support marine life and fish. That time of the year is critical because of the weather the better the weather (for the plants) and the longer the growing season, the better for fishing. (So they say)
    I can't see where the few inches in in depth, for navigation, will help the ones that want it. The marinas and the pleasure boat owners want this " for the economy". I see this as a dispute between the haves and the have nots. Sooner or later Power and Money will win.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.