PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ed, web needs a fix here......

Cane Pole
02-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Need a methamphetamine fix here. The magnitude of access velocity had declined by an order of magnitude. Maybe it's my cable ....lol

whizkids
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Since Ed did the last fix my access has been sloooow. Charter pipeline is clogged. :eek:

Barnacle Bill
02-13-2005, 08:11 PM
I thought it was just my wireless connection.

ncnat
02-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I had no problems till today, then real slow

Kenny
02-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Whew...was worried it was my 'puter...glad to hear everyone is having problems...ooops..that didn't come out right.

labill
02-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Me too, Ed.....hate to make more work for ya, but it is really slow, even with broadband. Like everyone else, I was thinking it was my 'puter.

ribit
02-13-2005, 10:08 PM
It is slow in Joelton Tn. too. lol

olelucky
02-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Slow here also.

fiddlefarter
02-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah mine is slow too.

Slab
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I had issues earlier and rebooted, but it should be better now. I've been watching and will continue to watch.

Thanks for letting me know, I do need feedback, as I'm right here next to the server.

gcromer
02-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Slow in SC also
Gerald

Moose1am
02-14-2005, 12:00 AM
The reboot seems to have solved the problem Ed. It's running much faster now. It was slow for me this morning also. Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for the being there.

I had issues earlier and rebooted, but it should be better now. I've been watching and will continue to watch.

Thanks for letting me know, I do need feedback, as I'm right here next to the server.

Slab
02-14-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm also just now implemented a backend network. To releive the front end network. Now you guys talk to my server though one network (one NIC card, on the front end) and my server talks to the message board Data Base across a separate network (separate NIC card, the new backend network). This should also improve performance.

I'm a computer nerd, been into technology forever, been a great manager, can implement stuff like this, in a flash, and still no-one will hire me! What gives.

Ranger375
02-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Now you've got me so confused with all that fancy stuff.

kunes
02-14-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm also just now implemented a backend network. To releive the front end network. Now you guys talk to my server though one network (one NIC card, on the front end) and my server talks to the message board Data Base across a separate network (separate NIC card, the new backend network). This should also improve performance.

I'm a computer nerd, been into technology forever, been a great manager, can implement stuff like this, in a flash, and still no-one will hire me! What gives.
You're not in India working for 15,000 a year.

whizkids
02-14-2005, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=edhead]I'm also just now implemented a backend network. To releive the front end network. Now you guys talk to my server though one network (one NIC card, on the front end) and my server talks to the message board Data Base across a separate network (separate NIC card, the new backend network). This should also improve performance.

I understood the last sentence. It has speeded up this Am. Thanks

Slab
02-14-2005, 09:39 AM
The network here is running much faster, now lets see if it helped our overall response time. I'll be watching today, but I do have an interview to go to in a few (and it's not that 15K a year job in India). Feedback about response time welcome.

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
02-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Ed, I think it's great what you do for this site. Where would we be without you? On second thought lets not go there :D For some reason it's a lot slower for me this morning verses yesterday?? I'm sure not complaining though :cool:

fatboy
02-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Agrees with pat, but, still super, super slow. Refresh rate is really slow. Pages are slow to load and a profile check is just about out of the question. Thanks for all you do Ed.

CohuttaCrappie
02-14-2005, 01:15 PM
here's the problem...... 1282 members and all us Crappieheads can't get enuf of this site, we're bogging it down. haha

1weezer
02-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm still slow too Ed. You da man!!!

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
02-14-2005, 04:52 PM
This afternoon is the slowest I have seen the board load since I joined :eek:
You are the man though ED ;)

Slab
02-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I think I'll be turning off the chat room till I figure out whats wrong. Chat is pretty resource intensive. Sorry.

If it turns out to be the chat, then I'll find a better chat program. Yet another!

PS, I just had to reboot, the server died!

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
02-14-2005, 05:53 PM
After reading what the last two dingle berries to use the chat room had to say. I hope they don't ruin it for evryone. I really look forward to chatting with fellow memebers in the evening. Thanks Ed!

Cane Pole
02-14-2005, 07:27 PM
After reading what the last two dingle berries to use the chat room had to say. I hope they don't ruin it for evryone. I really look forward to chatting with fellow memebers in the evening. Thanks Ed!

Long time no here that expression Pig...Don't know what u refering to, but I don't ever read history....I understand what Ed is doing. What he is doing for us eats up resources (bandwith)...I don't think he is hosting the chat room, he just directing traffic...

Simple redneck terms...when the redlight is out and u got cop directing traffic, traffic slows down... It is that simple..hope all can relate to this senerio....

papasage
02-14-2005, 08:26 PM
http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl/YaBB.pl dock has a chat room not being used we might use it . he has a shout box and every one there uses it mostley . if you arenot a member of it you might join and learn some outboard repairs stuff along with the good fishing knoledge we learn here . it is a great site for outboar repair info . papasage