Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't find an Awesome Pink Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't find an Awesome Pink Bandit

The closest BPS to me does not have an Awesome Pink and so until I can order some will have to make do, have heard here that it is a hot color for crappie. A friend colored the white 200 with a Zoom pen that is used for soft plastics and I colored the white splatter back with a Bic Mark-it Fandango Pink pen. The colors look pretty true in iPhoto, don't know how true after I post here but they sure look wild to me. Anyone that has a pink Bandit let me know if it is even close. The top one, Zoom, is a shade lighter than the Bic one, may be the black in it.

Last edited by SteveJ; 06-09-2007 at 05:21 AM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

stevej you got mail
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Steve, They actually have two shades of pink. One is the darker pink. This is the one I think you are calling the Awesome Pink and they have another one that is a lighter Pepto Bismal pink with glitter.
    I have about 100 Bandits now and I think I bought most of them including the pinks off of E-Bay.
    Just type in Bandit crankbait or Bandit lure as a search. You will find good prices but watch out for the ones with high shipping. Usually they are new and selling in lots of 4 or 5.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you've hit sort of an in-between with those Steve,
    the Awesome (and that's what Bandit calls it on back of the pack)
    is kind of florescent - while most is orange, I have seen some paint
    like they use to spray on the ground, marking cables and water lines
    and the like that color. Buddy of mine actually got a can of flo. pink
    marking paint, it isn't very durable, but I reckon it works Ok.

That being said, I think they look GOOD believe they'd catch a fish.
    I'm starting to paint more and more myself, tired of always searching.
    I'm starting to think I don't know anything about color selection though,
    Awesome pink used to be HOT up here, but I've hardly caught anything
    on it in awhile now - one lake I fish, red crawfish used to be the hot one
    for at least a couple of years, and when they didn't want it, white/red eye
    was good... but here lately, they won't touch red crawfish, and ain't
    real crazy about white. But they are tearing up a bait I almost took out of my box because I NEVER caught anything with it
    I've only got the one, and I'm pretty sure it's an obsolete color, but
    I pulled it against other stuff last weekend, and caught probably 80 percent on it - even the whiskerfish liked it better. DAAARK green
    metalflake with a chartreuse belly. Who knows why they do what they
    do

Oh, have you got a chance to try those Rebel Deep Wee R's? Our Walmarts have a million of them, fairly cheap,
    but they are all the same color, old-fashioned brown craw pattern. I've bought some up just to paint, but actually
    caught a couple on them "as is" lately. Interesting, they are really what they used to call a "double deep wee R"
    but aren't called that now on the packs... the difference is a little longer bill with a steely ball molded into it.
    Where have we seen that before :D
    Last edited by J White; 06-09-2007 at 07:13 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking J. White ...

Quote Originally Posted by J White

Oh, have you got a chance to try those Rebel Deep Wee R's? Our Walmarts have a million of them, fairly cheap,
    but they are all the same color, old-fashioned brown craw pattern. I've bought some up just to paint, but actually
    caught a couple on them "as is" lately. Interesting, they are really what they used to call a "double deep wee R"
    but aren't called that now on the packs... the difference is a little longer bill with a steely ball molded into it.
    Where have we seen that before :D
    We've caught Crappie on craw pattern Wee R's, Deep Wee R's, and Flat R's ... though not really fishing for them. Casting or trolling them for Bass & Hybrid Stripers has yielded a surprise Crappie or two :D And they weren't all big Crappie, either ... even some of the dinks managed to chase them down & grab ahold :p I say "chase them down" mostly in reference to trolling with them ... and moving along at a pretty good clip, too. (sorry, can't give you MPH, though)

What you really want to look for, in these .... is the "Bone" colored ones. They'd paint up real nice, with a minimum of coats. Or give the ones you have, a "bath" in something that'd remove their paint job ... then give 'em a "new look" (maybe even add on some "sparklies", while the paint is still wet)

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

" but here lately, they won't touch red crawfish, and ain't
    real crazy about white."
    The red craw was my hot color last time out with the best one the Cabela's Grave Digger. I think they are good lure just not much color selection.

"Oh, have you got a chance to try those Rebel Deep Wee R's? Our Walmarts have a million of them, fairly cheap,
    Where have we seen that before ."

Haven't used any since my bassing days, was one of my favorites along with the Balsa B's.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 06-09-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You right about the bone being easier to paint over Pappy,
    but the cheap 'uns is all one color...

Don't know why, but last time I was at Corinth, they had probably five rows,
    four wide, five or more deep, all brown craw - I THINK it was $2.97

they had some other colors in a different place, but they were $4 sumthin,
    and had the shorter bill, no "steely"

oh yeah, that is good idea on the glitter, I haven't tried making any like that (yet)
    but have some Bandits, same color but some with glitter, some without -
    they do seem to work better, sure don't hurt.
    Last edited by J White; 06-09-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    No Sir, it's not really much like it - I can't remember how long I've even had
    that particular bait, or where I got it but it is old, at least five if not
    10 years I've been toting it around waiting for "it's time to shine"
    I haven't seen any like it lately, but it is solid color, real heavy metalflake
    exept for a narrow strip of chart. down it's belly. No biggie, next week
    they'll probably be on something else anyhow :D

Mr.Crappie is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Marshall Crappie Cranks

Hey Guys coming up late this summer I will have a new Video out on pulling cranks for crappies. I shot the DVD on Sardis lake in the sho nuff hot summer time. If your looking for Pink, my Bubble Gum crank bait is doing great on alot of lakes across the country. Thanks if i can help let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast