Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wateree today

Post Thanks / Like

Default wateree today

18 of us showed up for the rodeo on wateree today. It was a pretty good turnout. I was suprised to see so many folks there to fish with us.. it was a great day for fishing, with overcast skies and cool weather. However the fish wasnt participating, with only one striper caught of about five or six lbs, by pete and a 14 pound catfish caught by coach.with a few catfish here and there caught by the other boats. pete and tool carried some crappie minnows and loaded a cooler up with white perch and one two lb crappie caught on a bass minnow. pete won the money, the fillet knife, the fishing light and the striper rod donated by pendletons bait and tackle. uscfan13 showed up with someone with him which was a plesant suprise, as ive never met him before. after talking with him a few minutes it was apperant to me hed make good nightstalking company.. Looking foward to doing it again, when the water warms some and the fish become more active.... I took a few photos ill post when i get em processed.
    Last edited by rango; 02-14-2005 at 05:15 AM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

yeah rango had a blast. you did a great job puttin together a simple "rodeo". turn out was great, you could not ask for better weather. cloudy with little to no wind whatsoever. the fish did not cooperate til the last few hours.

id like to give credit to my net man tool. after an intense 10 minute battle with the 6 pound 11 0z striped wonder on 8 pound line and a #4 gold crappie hook (yeah i caught the fish on a crappie minnow) he was able to use his lil minnow net to land the lunker. after weaving through all the rods the fish towards the end of the battle finally did the unexpected and made a run around the boat and wrapped all the lines on the back side. i was lucky enough that tool was johnny at the spot with the net. so tool gets half the credit for the big fish.

we shall have another rodeo in april/may!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    Thanks again for organizing this rodeo Rango. I had a blast watching Pete catch that striper.
    sure thing tool,, were gonna do it again sometime in late march. Pete is tough to beat and you learn the meaning of spectator sports when yo fish with him. youll get used to it,, i know i did

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the tool and Pete you did a great job organizing this gathering and I enjoyed every minute of it. Even though the fish were not biting I had a chance to break in the new boat . We all enjoyed it . Thanks Rhoadie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    yeah rango had a blast. you did a great job puttin together a simple "rodeo". turn out was great, you could not ask for better weather. cloudy with little to no wind whatsoever. the fish did not cooperate til the last few hours.

id like to give credit to my net man tool. after an intense 10 minute battle with the 6 pound 11 0z striped wonder on 8 pound line and a #4 gold crappie hook (yeah i caught the fish on a crappie minnow) he was able to use his lil minnow net to land the lunker. after weaving through all the rods the fish towards the end of the battle finally did the unexpected and made a run around the boat and wrapped all the lines on the back side. i was lucky enough that tool was johnny at the spot with the net. so tool gets half the credit for the big fish.

we shall have another rodeo in april/may!
    being one who has followed you around and around the boat with a net in my hands i can relate to tools predicament with the net when you got a striper on....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadie
    I agree with the tool and Pete you did a great job organizing this gathering and I enjoyed every minute of it. Even though the fish were not biting I had a chance to break in the new boat . We all enjoyed it . Thanks Rhoadie
    It was great looking out across wateree today and seeing you breaking in your new boat. its really a great looking rig and should give you years of enjoyent. glad you could make it down and fish with us today kent..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Time

Bandman and I had a great time.I can't believe I caught my first blue at wateree.I made 2 trips to santee with no luck.Rango great job!Mark the 21st down for wylie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Bandman and I had a great time.I can't believe I caught my first blue at wateree.I made 2 trips to santee with no luck.Rango great job!Mark the 21st down for wylie.
    thanks to you guys for coming down. i know bandman put in a lot of effort to make it . that was a nice blue by anybodys standards. i hear of pretty big ones coming outta there occasionally. ok,, were on for monday the 21st