Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: jig trailer??

Post Thanks / Like

Default jig trailer??

Anybody ever tip their jig with some other than minners or nibbles.
    i'm thinking of some material to tip my jig like youm would a spinnerbait. Intend on trying some thin rubber sheets and Spike It, about a 1" long narrow piece. What do ya'll think or some other material???
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It might just work. Let us know. I often tie a slider trailer behind a Bandit crankbait while trolling. Its a deadly combo.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation There's a product ......

Quote Originally Posted by crappie13
    Anybody ever tip their jig with some other than minners or nibbles.
    i'm thinking of some material to tip my jig like youm would a spinnerbait. Intend on trying some thin rubber sheets and Spike It, about a 1" long narrow piece. What do ya'll think or some other material???
    Mike
    by "Uncle Josh" called "Spinning strips" ... they're V shaped porkrind strips, about 2.25" long. They come in several colors, and I'd think that the white or chartreuse ones would work very well with a jig. You might even get creative with a knife, and make several smaller ones out of one of these.

I plan on getting a jar of them .... and trying them out on jigheads & spoons. The nice thing about "pork strips" -- unless you lose the bait it's attached to, you don't usually lose/destroy the "pork" trailer. And, when you're finished for the day -- take it off the hook, and pop it back into the jar of brine, and it's ready for the next trip. :D

Spinnerbait skirt "legs" - rubber band sections - strips of cloth - tails of Bass worms .... are all subject to finding themselves as jig trailers :p Remember - "necessity is the Mother of invention" .... experiment with stuff, 'cause you never know what great "secret weapon" you will come up with

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Pork rind is something I've considered trying. As with hunting, I'm always trying to "engineer" something to make things work better. Couldn't find hair jigs like I Like, so I started tying my own. Like to experiment with sounds of turkey calls, so I started turning my own. My biggest problem is that I have an "OBSESSION" with turkeys and crappie!?!?!?!?
    "Necessity is the Mother of invention"- - -Thanks CP
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

Post Thanks / Like

Default bobber stopper

I had a long orange string on a bobber stopper one time and moved it down to the jig. It work's.