Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Words If Not Spoken May Lead To A Lifetime Of Regret

Post Thanks / Like

Default Words If Not Spoken May Lead To A Lifetime Of Regret

Most of us have done it and I myself am guilty of it.

Sometimes when spouses, boyfriends/girlfriends, children, etc. get mad at each other they either storm out of the house or just go to bed and go to sleep without saying the most important words that can mean a lifetime of regret if not spoken or being able to forgive yourself if you do. These words are GOODBYE/GOODNIGHT, AND I LOVE YOU.

For over 11 years I served proudly on the Paducah Fire Department. Many times I witnessed first hand the tragic ending to peoples lives. I have witnessed the parents, brothers/sisters, spouses, and boyfriends/girlfriends suffer the loss of their loved one. After witnessing this I always wandered if before they left did they say Goodbye/Goodnight, or I love you.

When we have an argument these words are the last thing to ever come to our mind, but what happens when you go to bed or you or the one you are arguing with leaves and they pass. You will never have the chance to go back and say these words again. Words that are so easy spoken but so little thought of when we are angry can mean a lifetime of regret if not spoken.

Gordon Melton
    AKA Father of 4
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more.

Joe

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fo4 .....

Did you realize : "good-bye" is a shortened, Americanized version of the old "English" saying "God be with ye" ??

Spoken as "God be w'ye" -- the "with" sounding was left off, and the "ye" (meaning "you") had the "e" sound dropped ... and all the letters/words were then crunched up together & became -- as we pronounce it, goodbye.

......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thats pretty neat crappie pappy
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Great post father of 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, Father.

Post Thanks / Like

Default take backs

there are things we wish we could take back but cant, the bullet fired, the stone thrown, the lie told, and the words said in anger.