Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Setup: Great Plan, Not So Great Execution

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Boat Setup: Great Plan, Not So Great Execution

So I ordered seats from BPS, The seat stands from Cabela's, Rod Holders From P&G Hill on Ebay, Rod Holder Stantions from Bee Ready, and a 2 48" peices of Aluminum Angle from Home Depot. This is what I started with.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...Front_Deck.jpg

Then I took all my stuff that I ordered and put it all together and got this.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/100_1403.jpg

Here is a closer look at the rod holders.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/100_1405.jpg

This appears to be a pretty good setup. The flaw is with the seats. I would have been better off cutting the holes and added what is needed to be able to put two seats up front with post using swivelese seat stands. When you get the boat in the water and you are heading to wherever you are going to fish on the lake you can't leave the chairs there. The reason is if you go much faster than 10-15 mph the seats will come flying back at you. If you put them down by the seats by the consoles of the boat it is very cramped. The big problem is they take up space and are in convient while traveling from spot to spot once you are on the lake. It really looks like a great setup but it is not the best working set up. Once you are out fishing and not traveling it is not to bad.

As for the Rod Holders and that set up. I will get me four more rod holders and attatch them to my current setup and I will have four, 4 rod holder setups for about $185 ($60 for stantions, $80 for holders, $20 for Aluminum Angle, and $25 for shipping and handling.) The picture only shows two rod holders stantions with two rod holders on each one. This is all we are allowed in California. I actually have everything I need to put three rod holders on four different stantions. I am very happy with this setup and would recommend it to anyone. I think I got some serious bang for my buck on this deal.

I am posting this so you guys can take a look at the setup for the seats and learn from what I would call a mistake, and to take a look at the rod holders and learn from what I would call a success.

Post Thanks / Like

Those little straps have snaps on them. Put the other half on the floor of the boat and snap em down.

Post Thanks / Like

You could do something like we did. Paul built a dual seat platform out of 2x4's and plywood that fits in the existing front seat base. It wasn't expensive to build, didn't have to drill any holes in the deck and you could use it front or back or remove it when you don't need it. The only decent pic I have includes a dog, don't mind her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Vonna you have to slow your boat down, look what you've done to the poor dogs ears. Ferdi hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Duff, fold up lawn chairs would work too, or you could set a couple flush mounts and use the poles like you were thinking about. Just make sure where before drilling. I did that on a Jon boat and worked well. Ferdi

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Seatholders

good lookin work Paul--I assume there is a pole under the box to go in the boat or is the box just sitting on the deck ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to make a crappy boat out of a bass boat. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Vonna, looks like Paul had a good idea there. Bet that works good! By chance does your boat have a Honda motor? Just looked familiar believe I might have run into you guys a time or to while I was down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdi
    Vonna you have to slow your boat down, look what you've done to the poor dogs ears. Ferdi hehehe
    LOL Ferdi you beat me to it.:D That was the first thought that went through my mind when i saw the pic also.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, that boat has a 225 Yamaha. We sold it a month or so ago. It lives in Georgia now, but the dog didn't go with it. LOL!

Frank, yep, there's a pin that goes right in to the seat base.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast