Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mold?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mold?????

Just a quick question for anybody that knows a answer. What is the best way to remove mold from my rain jacket? my stupidity when it came to dryin out the boat. didn't take my rain gear out of the storage....i have tried bleach/water. not working to good.

Post Thanks / Like

I found some stuff at Home Depot that worked on a bimini top. I can't remember what it was called though. My wife was so proud of me. I got rid of the mold and mildew by reading the directions on the bottle. Just apply, wait, and rinse. I can even remember the directions after 6 months!!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple Green will remove the mold. Be sure to was off simple green with soap and water. I use simple green to get the mold out the cracks of my seat. Always wash with soap and water after.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default oops!!!!!!

I am talking about my boat seat here folks.....ha

Post Thanks / Like

Bleach is for killing mildew and is about the only think that will. Mold is totally different. Mildew comes from Africa and comes over here in storms like hurricanes; the more storms = the more mildew. Mildew is clear and the color is from surrounding dirt that colors it. Soap will do nothing but wash it.

I am sure the others know about removing mold with simple green. However if you get mildew use 10% bleach with 90% water and it's done! It gets on paint because it lives off what paint is made from.

Oh yeah, never paint over mildew!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome also works great. WE get it at the Dollar store.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I am talking about my boat seat here folks.....ha
    Good thing you cleared that up!!!:D :D :D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know mildew came from Africa Skip. I do know that bleach will kill both. Both (mold and mildew) are fungi. Fatboy gave me a formula for getting it out of my pontoon carpet. He uses it in his pressure washing business. It has some bleach in it. I can't remember the formula. Simple green will clean it, but it want keep it from coming back. Bleach will keep it away. MY pontoon stayed on the water. It was a constant battle. Fungi loves moisture. You can't win the battle, but you can contain it. Moisture is the culprit. If you keep your boat in dry storage, it is not a problem. But I ain't ever caught a fish in a warehouse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I didn't know mildew came from Africa Skip. I do know that bleach will kill both. Both (mold and mildew) are fungi. Fatboy gave me a formula for getting it out of my pontoon carpet. He uses it in his pressure washing business. It has some bleach in it. I can't remember the formula. Simple green will clean it, but it want keep it from coming back. Bleach will keep it away. MY pontoon stayed on the water. It was a constant battle. Fungi loves moisture. You can't win the battle, but you can contain it. Moisture is the culprit. If you keep your boat in dry storage, it is not a problem. But I ain't ever caught a fish in a warehouse.
    Yeah and the more tropical storms that come over from Africa that we have, the next year will be more mildew. Mildew is clear and will turn what ever color the dirt or particles in the wind where you live will be the color of the mildew.

I use to work for a paint company a very long time ago and that is one thing I learned that still is useful at times, LOL!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mold

Bass Pro has some stuff that is great, just spray it on and wipe it off. I can't remember the name, but it is in the boat cleaning section of course, it has a yellow label on trigg squirp bottle.
    It's expensive, but man you just squirp it and the mold starts running off, no scrubbing at all.

srm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast