Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clarks Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Question Clarks Hill

Does anyone have a fishing report for Clarks Hill? I haven't fished there in a couple of years and am planning a trip in the next couple of weeks. Any information would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Drill Instructor should be able to help you out if he has been lately.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

go to [gon] that is for georgia outdoor news and click on fishing report . thre ga. map will come up then click on the lake you want a report on
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

try this site http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga....=117&txtPage=5
    it will help for any ga. lake

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.gon.com/ just click on this.it will tak you to gon site

Post Thanks / Like

Try www.outdoorcentral.com. You can find fishing reports for any where.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what they say on the SC freshwater report for Clarkshill (Thurmond) on 2/7/05

LAKE THURMOND: Largemouth Bass: Good. Try casting plastic worms, deep-running Rebels, ShadRaps, Yozuri plugs and Challenger plugs. Striped and Hybrid Bass: Very Good, using Little Cleos, Berry Spoons, glass-shad plastic lures, 3/4 ounce yellow and white RoadRunners with bucktails, KastMasters and Hopkin's spoons. Also, try large minnows. Crappie: Good, using small minnows and jigs around deep brush tops. Larger fish being caught. Catfish: Good, using cut bait and nightcrawlers fishing on the bottom. Bream and Shellcrackers: Slow. Try using earthworms deep around brush-tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clark's Hill

Thanks for the info on Clark's Hill and especially for the websites. Planning on going down in two weeks and these sites will be very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the real deal. I fished the Hill Sat and Sun. Some big males have moved in shallow in soap creek, on Sat we caught 12 big slabs the biggest was 2.5lbs and the smallest was 1.5lbs. We trolled Hal Flys and Kalin jigs, in 7-9ft of water. If you just want to catch a mess, fish under 220 bridge in soap creek using minnows, I saw a guy tearing them up. The rain may change everything this week. Hope this helps.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drill instructor
    Here is the real deal. I fished the Hill Sat and Sun. Some big males have moved in shallow in soap creek, on Sat we caught 12 big slabs the biggest was 2.5lbs and the smallest was 1.5lbs. We trolled Hal Flys and Kalin jigs, in 7-9ft of water. If you just want to catch a mess, fish under 220 bridge in soap creek using minnows, I saw a guy tearing them up. The rain may change everything this week. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like Soap Creek is where I need to be. Have you ever fished up the Little River arm around Baker's Creek? I fished there a couple of years ago in February but I was striper fishing. Caught a couple of 15-16 pounders and one that went 20 on the nose. Best striper that I have personally ever caught. I look forward to making a return trip to try my hand at crappie fishing. Once again, thanks for the information.