Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some opinions about night stalking.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some opinions about night stalking.

I fish a pond across the road, around 18 acres. It has bass, bream, and crappie stocked in it. Everything feeds on the little bream. I'm craving some crappie fillets, but am not able to go fishing as often and as hard as I'd like. I'm thinking about night stalking crappie, but before I buy a battery and lights, I wanted to know if anyone thinks the lights would attract bream as good as it should attract shad or the like in a large lake, in turn attracting the crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

lights are great. they attract the whole food chain, bringing in everything. we use them at our reservoir and you can see the crappie cruising just outside the light, drop a minnow below you and bang you have a fish.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Do small bream that a crappie could eat come to lights good, though?

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be willing to bet you have minnows of some form in there. put out the light and you will see them.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

if i was you id forget about trying to use the small brim to catch the crappie with, and take me some minnows, if its allowable in the pond. ive never used lights in a pond, but like smitty said, you probably gonna attract some kind of minnows.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I've scooped up the 'minnows' that you see on the bank in a few inches of water, and put out and checked minnow traps...there's only small bream as food.