Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rig

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rig

I have all the rod holders and am about to buy rods/reels for my rig. What would be the best set-up for the least amount of money. I was thinking about buying 8 12' Zebco Slab Seeker from cabelas for $13.99 each and 8 BPS Tiny Lite reel. This will put them at about $25 a set. Are there any better deals to be found? Also has anybody used or seen these Zebco rods? I've just seen them in the catalog.
    Or my other option is to buy Wally ultimate crappie rods/deluxe crappie reel combos @ about $30 each
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    I have all the rod holders and am about to buy rods/reels for my rig. What would be the best set-up for the least amount of money. I was thinking about buying 8 12' Zebco Slab Seeker from cabelas for $13.99 each and 8 BPS Tiny Lite reel. This will put them at about $25 a set. Are there any better deals to be found? Also has anybody used or seen these Zebco rods? I've just seen them in the catalog.
    Or my other option is to buy Wally ultimate crappie rods/deluxe crappie reel combos @ about $30 each
    You might want to consider getting different length poles so you can stagger your baits. For instance, I use a 12, 10 and 7.5 on each side plus a short spinning rod along side the boat.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 4 of the 12' slab seeker combos and have good luck with them! The first fish I caught with one was a 8.5 lb hybrid striped bass on 6 lb test bottom bouncing for crappie!! The pole held up, it took nearly 15 minutes to boat it though. Bottom line is I do like the slab seekeres, I would recomend them!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick with graphite if you could. I know it's more expensive, but the sensitivity is so much greater for detecting the bite, in hand or in a rodholder. Plus, when you're spider rigging and you detect a bite and snatch the rod up, the rod's action is better for setting the hook on ole papermouth. Just my preference.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]