Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former "bass" boat

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Former "bass" boat

Do ya'll think it is possible that the fiberglass "bass" boat, that was for the most part only used in the past for "bass fishing" ( running wide open all over the lake), could have some bad karma. I believe that is what's up with the boat I have bought. I believe it had so much bass funk in it in the past, that it is taking me a few trips to get it used to crappie fishing. :confused:

Maybe by April I will have it worked out and I can actually catch some crappie. Just my theory to make up for my poor fishing recently. :)

Also why does someone that sees you in a bass boat presume you are bass fishing. I had to straighten out a feller as I was idling in to the ramp. I should have told him he could tell I wasn't bass fishing because I was'nt wearing a racing helmet and I didn't run 65 mph 15' from where he was fishing. He thought it was funny though when he asked if I was bass fishing and I said "HELL NO". :cool:
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    Do ya'll think it is possible that the fiberglass "bass" boat, that was for the most part only used in the past for "bass fishing" ( running wide open all over the lake), could have some bad karma. I believe that is what's up with the boat I have bought. I believe it had so much bass funk in it in the past, that it is taking me a few trips to get it used to crappie fishing.

Maybe by April I will have it worked out and I can actually catch some crappie. Just my theory to make up for my poor fishing recently.

Also why does someone that sees you in a bass boat presume you are bass fishing. I had to straighten out a feller as I was idling in to the ramp. I should have told him he could tell I wasn't bass fishing because I was'nt wearing a racing helmet and I didn't run 65 mph 15' from where he was fishing. He thought it was funny though when he asked if I was bass fishing and I said "HELL NO".
    I use one of those get-up-and -haul- arse bass boats but I've never been accused of bass fishing. I guess when they see 16 pole holders with a Crappie.Com sticker on the windshield, they get the idea. I think I'm going to put a couple of crappie decals on the side if I can ever remember to get them
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default use a bass boat no problem!!

I got a bass boat won't do 60+ mph. I can only do about 34 mph. But don't tell the fish they still bite. I always get ask "Did you catch any?" Then when I say no they ask what I was fishing for.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to order a crappie.com sticker for my windshield right now, and one of them bitchin' tshirts too. I guess when I finally get my rod holders in my boat it will be more obvious.

Post Thanks / Like

Try washing that green carp funk out of your boat and put a few beer cans on the floor. I think that will help with your recognition problem and your crappie catching ability.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Beer thats it. I've pretty much quit drinkin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default basstracker to crappietracker

I'm thinking about finding some lettering to put "crappietracker" on the side of my boat. With all the rodholders I'm sure you couldn't accuse me a fishing for green carp. However, I do occasionally like to fish for them in the spring when they are up on their beds in shallow water.

Anyone know where I could get "crappietracker" lettering made for my boat? That would be a hoot. :D

**photo is courtesy of Rango PhotoWorks, A Division of Beast Boat INC.**

Post Thanks / Like

Wow i wouldnt even ask if he was a bass fisherman.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

First sign he ain't bass fishing: seats in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Master Boat

Most people read the CrappieMaster decal on the side of my boat and they don't believe it's for crappie fishing. Heck, if a bass man wants to buy it, right the check.
    http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/theboat.htm
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast