Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Percy Priest

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Percy Priest

Didn't do great today only had 4 keepers and 2 small channel cats. Caught 'em in 18-25' of water on minners on a KY rig.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

crappieboy1 Guest

i have been doing all right caught ten keepers yesterday.using miners around 12 to 15 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Default catbatt

Quote Originally Posted by crappieboy1
    i have been doing all right caught ten keepers yesterday.using miners around 12 to 15 feet deep.
    Dammmm .,.iam about ready to Uncover my boat!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fiddlefarter--better Then I Did,fished 2.5 Hrs Without A Bite!!!one Of Those Days I Guess. Marked Lots Of Fish ,tried Different Colors&methods!!i Think The Only Way For Me To See One Was With Blastin Caps!!!good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tougher Than A Pine Knot

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    Didn't do great today only had 4 keepers and 2 small channel cats. Caught 'em in 18-25' of water on minners on a KY rig.
    You are so right FF! They are hard to come by on James Percythese days. I went for a while on Sat. along with 3 other boats with Crappie fishing buddies and it was extremely tough for all of us too. 3 keepers was the most I knew of anyone having. We all marked plenty of fish 12 ft and deeper on the river channel but they all had the lockjaw for the most part. The creeks were void of fish like I can't remember seeing in recent years. Maybe it never got cold enough this winter, who knows. I bet it will all bust wide open any day now. I have had the worse Jan and Feb Crappie season so far, I can remember in many many years! This is no time to get discouraged though it will all come together soon I'm convinced. Got to keep going and keep throwing... Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Your right about it being a slow Jan. and Feb. Its about the worst I've ever seen. Usually this time of year me, my dad, and my two uncles are at least having a good day every now and then. One of my uncles is the most patient, persistent person on the planet. When he ain't catchin' em something is wrong. And he ain't been catchin' em.

Post Thanks / Like

I did hear of some people catcing a few around the middle of the lake in the deep standing timber. We always fish up around Fall/ Spring creek but I might have to try some of our summer spots down there this weekend. Just depends what my dad and uncle do tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back Today For More Punishment

FF, I went back today for more punishment. Put in at Jefferson Springs and went upriver and caught a foulhooked Carp. Went down to Spring Creek and caught a Drum. That was it! Not a Crappie no way no how. Thats fishing. The sun sure felt good on these old bones! It will bust open anyday now and we'll forget all about this lol. Good fishing 2ya Speck