Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fletcher Pond

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fletcher Pond

Anyone ever fish Fletcher Pond ,friend is planning atrip there in a couple of weeks.Some info would be great .

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Fletchers is a lot of fun to fish. Just make sure you take a lot of hooks or jigs . There is so much brush,stumps and logs you will lose a lot of tackle. It has been several years since I have fished Fletchers but I always enjoyed it. Just be ready for anything to bite. Largemouth bass, crappie, panfish, smallmouth and even pike.
    I had the best luck with blue and white or yellow and white tubes and drifting with the wind.
    I hope someone else has information on access because I always used a friend's boat that was at a "landing" on the pond.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

access from Jacks Landing Rd off M32 on the north side of the lake just east of Hillman. Nice access with plenty of parking. I use 1/32 or 1/64 oz jigs tipped with Berkley power wigglers or Mister Twister Exude micro shad. Lots of limits of nice specks and gills are quite common on Fletchers this time of year. We catch the most using chartreuse jigs with pearl or white baits.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think taking your own boat is a good idea or not ,with all the stuff right under the water .I have a 16 ft lowe with 50 hp motor ,
    Thankks for all the help.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

my inlaws live within sight of the lake and I fish it every time I go up there from the Raleigh North Carolina area. It has some great fishing for Pike, Largemoute, Smallmouth and Gills but I have not had much luck with crappie and pearch but I have been told they are there. If I put my boat in there I would go slow and be sure to talk to them at Jacks about the conditions and where the submerged timber is. They can help you Im sure with that. It isnt that big so you dont need to run wide open anyway. I had the best largemouth fishing there last june I ever saw using a poper. I think a scum frog would be great there with all the weeds in that lake. I hear they put some beatle in there to eat up the weeds but last year they had not done much good as I could tell. Fish early and try some top water and hang on cause there are some good fish in there. Im headed up there next weekend myself and am going to fish till I drop for 2 weeks. I sure would like to find some walleye too. Anyone know a likely spot that I may get into some of them from the shore? Or anything that may be in the rivers that I might go to close to there? I have always wanted to get into some of that river fishing up there but somehow never got the chance. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey FC ,how did you do last summer at Fletcher ,.??

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I didnt see this till now. It was some kind of fun as usual on Fletchers. I fished just down the lake from the public launch some and got some nice top water action on frogs but I did best down at the dam fishing a pumpkinseed worm riged weedless under a float believe it or not. I would cast out to the edge of weed lines and using a slip bobber would fish close to the bottom and it was fun. I have also used a carolina and texas rig with success.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been on here much myself.were you just bass fishing ?How was the Pike fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I was not specifically targeting Pike but they are there. I catch them up there in the winter on live bate when ice fishing but havent done that in a couple of years. I love fishing that place though.