Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Frabill Min-O-Life

wbn Guest

Default Frabill Min-O-Life

Has anyone used the Frabill Min-O-Life. It is a square minnow insulated bucket with a handle on top, net liner and a aerator on the side. I was planning on getting one for my Dad for Fathers Day. I saw one and it looks kind of small, but if it works it would be a good gift for him. He only crappie fishes in the spring and carries 6 to 8 dozen minnows. I thought someone could give me a report on it. I would hate to give it as a gift and it not be any good.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, square minnow buckets/aquariums aren't a good thing. They'll swim into the corners until it kills them. Unless the outside is square and the inside is a circle.

Post Thanks / Like

I was excited when I first saw that thing in a catalog. Then I saw it at BPS. Never been so disappointed. I decided to pass and keep looking for something better. I don't have personal experience with the thing but do know there is no way 6-8 dz minnows will live very long in that small thing. I wouldn't put any more than 2 dz in it.
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I was taken back as well by how small it was (and expensive) when I saw one at BPS.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Frabil aerator That hangs on the side of a 5 gallon bucket and is battery operated. It works very well for me.
    always Keep a sharp hook.