Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: green lights?

alex Guest

Default green lights?

how effective are the green lights? also which make and models are people using? I was at lake of the ozarks and saw one selling for $250.00. it was 4ft. are they really worth it? I also saw a 21in green light advertised at bps for $21. anyone know why such a price variance? any info or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

7$ submersible fish light at wal-mart. drop 2 or 3 out around boat and it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

They work but they are not worth $250.00. You can shop around on Ebay and find one for about $125.00.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

STARFIRE ll for $20.00 each work well. I use two of them in the clear. Nev er tried the green.

Post Thanks / Like

check out this site...
    http://fishinglightsetc.com/

They've got tons of information about fishing with lights, they sell lights too, but even if you don't buy from them, the information is there for everyone.

I'm buying one of theirs when I (someday) get a boat that's bigger than the 10' alum rowboat I have now. They have kits for $30 that let you go green, blue, or clear - and figure out what works best for you where you fish. Their lights havve replaceable halogen (bright) bulbs too - and you can buy new bulbs at an auto parts store.

Just my 2¢

Post Thanks / Like

$250 is WAY tooo much!! That is why I make my own!!!

The one in the middle is made of PVC and the other 4 are Acrylic. They don't draw the bugs and I can run 4 for 5-6hr. on one battery. It lights up like a small town.

Last Easter we had a freak Texas snow storm the left me without electricity for several days. I boiled water for dishes and cooked on my gas grill. My light.............well go figure. One light lasted for the entire time per 12v battery.

........if I had sense, I wish it were..........COMMON!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Belton,would you care to explain how to make them..Those look great!

Post Thanks / Like

There's way more information then will fit here. The hardest part is finding 12v Ballasts, tube, Green bulbs, etc. Mine operate with the ballasts out of the tubes so they can be used in or out of water!!!
    ........if I had sense, I wish it were..........COMMON!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the first green lights that was sold and it cost quite a bit, but not $250. I think I paid like $170 for the one I have that is 30" long and came weighted for use under water.

I am also starting to sell a green light that is very bright and almost indestructible and has a very low battery draw. Much lower draw than Starfire II, and other green lights. If you are interested PM me. They cost much less than $250 and will be brighter than all these other ones people are talking about and draw less on the battery and at the same time last longer.

They are not cheap, but they are way less the $250.

I don't have them on my web site yet, but they are coming soon and as I said if interested PM me.

Skip

Oh and Attachment 11396 To the board from Toledo Bend Texas!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

green light from bass pro works pretty well for me, can't figure a 250.00 light.
    just a thought

john b.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast