Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holder for Bait Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holder for Bait Pump

I am worried that my bait pump might fly out of my hands and end up in the water. Do you have a way of drilling an eye to put a lanyard on it?

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

Never thought about it.Don't they float?

Post Thanks / Like

No, I wouldn't think that it would float, its pretty heavy for its size. I don't know how it would work drilling a hole in it. What I would suggest is getting a lanyard like you see on duck calls and connecting it just above the threads on the bottom part of the pump. Only kickback to that is you wouldn't be able to run the threads all the way down, meaning you may have to refill it sooner.
    Send Randy a message http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/privat...o=newpm&u=1076 and ask him his oppinion on the drilling thing. You may be onto something here.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep mine in my cup holders. Works pretty good!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72
    No, I wouldn't think that it would float, its pretty heavy for its size. I don't know how it would work drilling a hole in it. What I would suggest is getting a lanyard like you see on duck calls and connecting it just above the threads on the bottom part of the pump. Only kickback to that is you wouldn't be able to run the threads all the way down, meaning you may have to refill it sooner.
    Send Randy a message http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/privat...o=newpm&u=1076 and ask him his oppinion on the drilling thing. You may be onto something here.
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking of finding epoxy glue that would adhere to the bottom of the pump and then I could add the lanyard to that. That way I don't have to drill it
    D

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Randy and he said it wouldn't be a problem drilling a hole in the plunger part of the bait pump. He said he done a survey on it one time and some said they would use it, others said they would not, and it would cost him more to have it done, so to keep the cost to the consumers down, he decided against it, but said it could be done.
    Just wanted to pass this along to you..................Johnny
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72
    I talked to Randy and he said it wouldn't be a problem drilling a hole in the plunger part of the bait pump. He said he done a survey on it one time and some said they would use it, others said they would not, and it would cost him more to have it done, so to keep the cost to the consumers down, he decided against it, but said it could be done.
    Just wanted to pass this along to you..................Johnny
    Great news! I think my Dad and I will use a small 1/4 inch screw then.

D

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had any problems with theirs not screwing in easily. I tried loading up a jig yesterday and I had to use all my might to get it to turn. Usually it's smooth as butter. Maybe some lube?
    I guess I need to look at it and see if perhaps I cross-threaded it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides
    Has anyone had any problems with theirs not screwing in easily. I tried loading up a jig yesterday and I had to use all my might to get it to turn. Usually it's smooth as butter. Maybe some lube?
    I guess I need to look at it and see if perhaps I cross-threaded it
    Did you put to many in there? I did that and the nibbles got in the threads. Then it would not pump. I cleaned the threads and the piston washer. Put less in and it works great. Just remember to only put 10 to 12 nibbles in at a time and you will be ok.

D

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, don't fill them past the threads or the threads will get messy. I've found that the glitter nibbles are softer and pump easily but I also use the glow nibbles and they pump well too.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast