Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduced limits on Ky and Barkley Lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reduced limits on Ky and Barkley Lakes

There is a proposed fishing regulation that will be presented to the KFWC at its June 8 meeting. This is by a request of anglers commission members. If this goes through the limit will be reduced from 30 to 20. What do you think about this?
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Doubt it would happen if it wouldn't help the crappie population.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas prices keep going up, that will cut trips , which would be the same thing as cutting limits. Might as well leave the limits alone and at least have something to show for a trip.

Post Thanks / Like

This topic was debated pretty hard on the Mississippi board. Again I think that our KDFWR guys need to show a need for this in order to gain everyone's support.

There are more fishermen now, but years ago I'm not sure the lake had a 30 fish limit. I hear tales of my grandfather and some of his friends filling 5 gallon lard cans full of crappie on each outing during the spring. Does the increased fishing pressure on the lake attribute to decline in population and size of the fish? I can't say for sure.

If reducing the limit benefits the fishery than by all means I'd be for it, but again......lets see some scientific data to coorborate the need.

Post Thanks / Like

Tennessee just lowered the creel limit for many lakes. They left KY and Barkley alone, I think. Most people talk about economic reasons for changing only some lakes and not all. I hardly ever catch my limit, so I usually have a self imposed limit!

Post Thanks / Like

Where I fish in Arkansas the limit is 20. That's about all I want to clean at a time anyway!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Many Missouri lakes have a limit of 15.

Post Thanks / Like

Here we have a 15 Crappie limit. I"m all for it, Got a good healthy fishery!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for limits..problem is nobody is obeying them here.Where the heck is our game wardens is what i'd like to know.Lately i ain't seen one yet.

All they gotta do is show up at some of them popular fishing spots during the weekends and holidays and keep an eye on some of the troublemakers.There's more and more fishers out there and now i'm seeing less and less fish caught.I think it does have an impact on our fisherys.

With the VHS virus going around we really need to watch our lakes.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is alot of fishing pressure it might be good. Here on Nimrod a 10 fish or a 10'' length limt would be good. But was told the length limit did'nt help ? Last week I kept only 5 to cook and gave away nearly 100. If you keep the good ones a person really does'nt need 20 every day. I could'nt use all I catch and just give them away most times. :rolleyes: I think that our lake is over fished as I have to work hard most times to get a limit of good fish. We used to catch a bunch from 1 brushpile , now it's not unusal to fish 40 piles or stakebeds and not keep a limit. But the hand sized fish were plentiful last year. This year we have some nice fish ,just not as many.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast