Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bubble Box??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bubble Box??

O.K. some of you might have reazlied I am not the brightest bulb ever. Has anyone else bought the el-cheapo battery operated 'bubble box'? Tra la I think, this will be great, I won't have to beg for minows from the guy at the back of the boat.It will fit in my 'yak. All good things.
    The battery configuration is different, not one up one down, or however you want to describe it, negative is next to negative. The instructions say requires 2 D cell batteries. Well 2 exploded batteries later, I am now a little worried about using it again. Heck it was only $5.99, but I'd like to at least use it once. Should I just pitch it or try new batteries the right way?
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't know why your batteries exploded. I think I would give it one more shot with new batteries . Check closely and make sure you put the batteries in correctly. Two AA or AAA or "D" batteries don't have enough "umph" to hurt you if things go south. Good luck, Buffy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I put the batteries in the way I always have, positioned positive to neg, then the batteries went kerpow, when I looked at the inside of the box where the batteries go the little + and - marks were next to each other. ++ and --.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several of those MR. BUBBLES boxes and they are safe. Try new batteries, My guess you got some bad batteries.
    JESUS CHRIST AND AMERICAN G.I.'s ARE THE ONLY TWO DEFINING FORCES THAT
    EVER COULD OR DID DIE FOR YOU. ONE DIED FOR YOUR SOUL; AND THE OTHER
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Post Thanks / Like

Throw a couple of new batteries in and see what happens. We have one of the $6 bubble makers and it works well. Have it velcro'ed on the inside of the lid of our livewell. It bounced off into the livewell water once and was totally submerged. Dried it out and it still worked fine. Those things will run forever on a set of batteries.

What's the worst that can happen? It won't work and you'll be out $6.
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

The worst thing I could think of is being stuck on a boat with exploding batteries
    Nobody else has had a problem putting the batteries in the 'usual way' only to find out it's wrong? Oh well I guess I'll try it before I get in the boat:o

Post Thanks / Like

I never had a problem with putting the batteries in one, worked fine, just seems like the batteries didn't last as long as you would think. So I took one of them variable voltage ac adapters and wired it in and use it at home when we get back from fishing to keep them alive til the next time. And got one of the 20.00 ones from academy sports that hooks to the boat battery to use while fishing.
    Good luck with yours, hope it works right for you.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Buffy ....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy
    O.K. some of you might have reazlied I am not the brightest bulb ever. Has anyone else bought the el-cheapo battery operated 'bubble box'? Tra la I think, this will be great, I won't have to beg for minows from the guy at the back of the boat.It will fit in my 'yak. All good things.
    The battery configuration is different, not one up one down, or however you want to describe it, negative is next to negative. The instructions say requires 2 D cell batteries. Well 2 exploded batteries later, I am now a little worried about using it again. Heck it was only $5.99, but I'd like to at least use it once. Should I just pitch it or try new batteries the right way?
    Is that a Marine Metal "Bubble Box" ?? If so ... I have two of them, and the batteries DO go in with both positive ends on the same side.
    Try it with the batteries placed in it "correctly" (++/--) and see if it's still usable.

Supposedly, two D batteries will run it for 30hrs. I've gotten way more than that, from mine. Maybe 30hrs continuous use is the "max" ... but, intermittant use is how I used mine.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CP, I put 2 new ones in and it is sitting outside. Jest sitting there, butter wouldn't melt in it's mouth. That will teach me to LOOK before I assume. Yep it runs when I turn it on, sits there lookin smug when I turn it off.