Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rainy day so i took up Jig Tying..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainy day so i took up Jig Tying..

Guess my days of sitting in the basement tying jigs has started :P

Here's a few of the first Day of playing with it. And I must say it was an ease to get started with all the advise from this board and links to the websites and videos. So thanks to everyone that has posted tips over the life of this board.

Tried to do the Bluegill Fly here...

Marabou attempt. Gotta work on the half hitch a LOT more 1/16th

Got a little fancy with this marabou1/32nd

Streamer did a red version of the Leach pattern with little longer tail (lol already expertimenting and dont even know what im doing)

And the final Jig of the night was an Attempt at the steelhead Jig page (http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=502242) Not as good but i was pleasantly suprised at how it turned out for first day out at this as i can tell already an OBSESSIVE hobby ) 1/8th glow head

Post Thanks / Like

everyone has a measure of artistry and daring in them. That's what makes it fun. Just pushing your creative genius to the limit. This hobby is also good for your self esteem. Now just think how good it will feel when you lower your first creation into a brush pile, it bumps a limb, you lift your rod. Oh, oh, I'm hung. Then your line takes off. The fish turns, goes back into the brush pile and gets hung up. You're sitting there feeling him snatching on the line, sweating, heart pounding. Then the line goes limp. He tore off and took your creation with him. I've got to make another one of those, you think. If I could only remember what it looked like.