Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Finder Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Finder Question

All right guys I have a question for ya'll. I have a Lowrance 107c and an Eagle 320 on my tracker. transducers are mounted about 4 inches apart. I can be trolling, using the 40hp. or just sitting still and one or both units go to 400-1100 ft deep. What gives? Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

The transducers may be too close. I only have one fishfinder/transducer and it will do that if I'm riding up the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one up front on my trolling motor and one off my transom. If I have both on at the same time I will pick up noise bars on my front unit. I would think that you're experiencing some kind of cross talk between the two and it's getting confused.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are going to have to use one at a time. You could try using one at 50khz and the other at 200khz.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The two DF's ...

Quote Originally Posted by GA Farm Boy
    All right guys I have a question for ya'll. I have a Lowrance 107c and an Eagle 320 on my tracker. transducers are mounted about 4 inches apart. I can be trolling, using the 40hp. or just sitting still and one or both units go to 400-1100 ft deep. What gives? Thanks for the help.
    are probably on the same frequency ... and therefore picking up signals from the other unit, giving the false readings. And being in such close proximity to each other, the transducers are going to receive the return signals from both units at the same time.
    If the transducers are only 4" apart ... why use them both at the same time ? You'd be better served to have them on opposite ends of the boat ... though, even that may not serve to stop the interference.

..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help. I will try them one at a time.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64
    I have one up front on my trolling motor and one off my transom. If I have both on at the same time I will pick up noise bars on my front unit. I would think that you're experiencing some kind of cross talk between the two and it's getting confused.
    WHAT ARE YOU CALLING NOISE BARS AND WHAT DO THEY
    LOOK LIKE ?

I JUST PUT A 510C 0N THE TROOLER AND MOST OF THE TIME I GET VERTICAL BARS THAT COME AND GO --TOOK OFF A GARMIN 250 AND IT DID,NT DO IT-----GARMIN 240 ON CONSOL
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER