Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone familiar with Packs Landing or the Sparkleberry area?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone familiar with Packs Landing or the Sparkleberry area?

Hey everyone! First post here and I'm extremly impressed with the SC Forum. I was just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with fishin' out of Packs Landing or the Sparkleberry area? I usually fish at Wateree but have started fishing Santee (it's closer to the house and now I have a boat). I haven't really had much luck at Packs or Sparkleberry for crappie. I know they're out there, I see folks catch loads of 'em, but my luck hasn't been doing much. I've had lots of luck with bass, cats, and bream (shellcrackers especially), but not crappie. If anyone out there has any useful info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    ~jhlapa

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard jhlapa. thats a big order you put in for info on crappie fishing . theres so many different ways to fish for em and theres plenty of folks on these boards that will answer any questions you may have once you decide which way you gonna attack em.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey jhlapa never really got into crappies on Santee except by accident trolling hot and tots but I do love catching and especially eating those shellcrackers they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver
    Hey jhlapa never really got into crappies on Santee except by accident trolling hot and tots but I do love catching and especially eating those shellcrackers they have.
    would you all think im lying if i told you all that i dont think ive ever eatin a shellcracker let alone a brim!! ive caught tons of em in ponds and stuff (dont keep pond fish). and on occasion ill catch a fish or 2 while night stocking, but ill usually give em away.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

If you can catch some brim big enough to filet,they are as good as it gets.shellcrackers are stronger tasting than brim,and to my taste, not near as good as brim.In the spring,you catch the crappies in the grass and around the cypress trees and around man made brush,or slow trolling at packs.They start moving up to spawn early there because of all the shallow water.If we have a mild Febuary they might start in the next few weeks at packs,and log jam landing and Billups.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete I know your good at cooking fish, so if you catch some pound and half shellcrackers filet'm and bake-em like stripers of deef fry, good either way. I would argue with roundman on the strong taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Screwdriver,We all have different taste.You can have my share of the Shellcrackers.If we all liked the same thing we would run out.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I'll save you the brim,and save me the shellcrackers and we'll have plenty to eat when we get together.