Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: On-board charger damaged?

Post Thanks / Like

Default On-board charger damaged?

I just bought a Dual Pro 2 back 10/10 amp charger , charged it the first day and it charged fine the batteries were only about half down so I dont know the charge time. I night fished all night last night and ran the batteries completey down. It has been charging for almost 6 hours and one bank still has 5 red lights on which is Initial charging phase. The other one has 4 on..
    which is above 13.0 volts. The way it works it starts with five red lights then when they all go out it turns green. Shouldn't these batteries be charged more than that by now. Water got up on it a little bit last night could that have damaged it? Plannin a night stalk again tonight but don't know if they are gonna get charged enough.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes longer to bring a deep cycle battery back up than a starting battery.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charger damaged?

I think most on board chargers are water proof against splash's and that stuff, I know is mine is.[Minn Kota]
    I don't think you should run the battiers completly down, seems like I read that about battiers, but I would think that they should be charged in 8 to 10
    hours, I would never run them down completly again, someone else might know more about this, and they will know.
    I don't think it's nothing wrong with your charger, just believe in it and give it
    time to bring them back to a full charge.
    Good Luck...........spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

i have a dual pro on my boat and it works great. if you drain a batt that much its gonna take a good while to get it back up. lots of times ill have one batt come to charge pretty fast and it may take overnight for the other to come up but it will if the batts a good one.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...