Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New software version available for many Humminbird units

Post Thanks / Like

Default New software version available for many Humminbird units

Updated software is now available for the following units from your MY HUMMINBIRD account:

931c
    937c
    947c 3D
    981c Si
    987c Si
    747c
    755c
    757c

This software contains (according to models and capabilities):
    New depth algorithm to improve performance at high speeds. Improved FishID algorithm. Adds Sonar Recording. US2 transducer support. CannonLink support. InterLink support. Wide line and “color by depth” track styles. Allow writing to Navionics cards. Aux Temp readout. Navaids shown in Bird’s Eye View. Support for HCSD (High-Capacity SD) cards larger than 2GB.

Also contains InteLink support for some model units.

As always, you should try to keep the latest software updates in your Humminbird unit(s).
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Greg, Good to see you posting again. I used to follow your posts on Walleye Central, but they seem to have disappeared from there. I thought perhaps after Johnson Outdoors bought the company, you had moved on. You do a great job helping folks out, keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Shellback

Shellback,

Thanks for the vote of confidence there.
    I had to stop posting on the Walleye boards as it was taking too much time away from my normal job. Things have changed since than: got a new PC at home and Cable. I’m also salaried now so if I come in early, stay late or post from home and on the weekends – no one cares! LOL! I don’t post there now as I was told that some of the Sales Reps post on there so I look to help elsewhere. Who knows; from reading some of these posts I may actually learn how to catch Crappie!
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Hummingbird Greg

I see Hummingird has a rebate on the 997c when purchased with a navionics platinum sd card. If you buy it with the bundle installed, do you get the rebate?

Cabelas has a 12 month interest free plan for purchases over $199.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiekiller2
    I see Hummingird has a rebate on the 997c when purchased with a navionics platinum sd card. If you buy it with the bundle installed, do you get the rebate?

Cabelas has a 12 month interest free plan for purchases over $199.
    Might want to check on the map versions for your region included with the bundle. When I checked it a few months ago, it was the 2006 version, so that you miss out on any maps added or modified for 2007. Might have changed by now, but not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Navionics Rebate?

Crappiekiller2, are you sure that is a Humminbird rebate or did it just come in the box with your ’Bird? I would think that it was a flyer from Navionics that is included in our packaging.

Fished-out, he mentioned that this was for the Platinum version Navionics map cards, not the Premium version maps that come in the NVB bundle units that we sell.

Since the NVB units are installed in the units, I doubt that they would be a part of any Navionics rebate. We are still using the 2006 version Navionics Premium HotMaps in the NVB version units. Was told that when the agreement was inked that the 2007 Premium HotMaps were not ready – don’t know how true that is but it fits with the timing for the development of our products.
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

The rebate from is on Cabelas and Bass Pros website. If you don't get it with the NVB and its the old maps, it would makes sense to buy the map separately with the unit. The maps don't help a lot living in Iowa and getting the northwest states with Iowa. It would work better for me if iowa was bundled with the states under it. Better luck next time
    here is the website for the rebate http://information.cabelas.com/pdf/HB900.pdf
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by crappiekiller2; 06-15-2007 at 04:23 PM.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

So there is no updates for the 797ci. And this may be a stupid question but how do you go about updating your system when it is available??
    Thanks
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Through Coporate

Thanks Crappiekiller2, looks like the rebate is through Corporate. No wonder I didn't know about it...

To update your 797c2 Si unit: save the update file to an SD card. Load the SD card into your Humminbird and power it on. Follow the on-screen instructions. Done.

Last update for the 797c2 Si was:
    v3.720 New depth algorithm to improve performance at high speeds. Improved FishID algorithm. InterLink support. Support for HCSD (High-Capacity SD) cards larger than 2GB. Fixes various minor issues found in testing.

Depending on when yours was made it may already have it.
    [email protected]
    I help because I can