Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: if you ever fish pickwick, wilson, or the bear creek lakes..

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default if you ever fish pickwick, wilson, or the bear creek lakes..

my name is David Waters and am new to the board. Plan on fishing some crappieusa tournaments this year for the first time and will be asking for a lot of advice, I am sure. Also, I will ask a lot of questions about some lakes.

If any of you are planning a trip to Pickwick, Wilson. or BCDA lakes, (Little bear, upper bear, Cedar, or even big bear) just ask. These are my home lakes and will help. I do some guiding on the side.

David Waters
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Welcome aboard DW ...

check out the entire site ... you'll find lots of good info, tips and tricks. Lots of good folks here ... luck2ya ....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome: If you are new to the site check the articles. I am sure you have checked the prior year tournament results and library on the CUSA site they can be of benifit also.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default indeed

I printed out at least 6 or 7 articles from past tournaments about grenada lake, my first tournament. Gave some good information. Going to practice at this weekend for the first time. Graysport and Turkey creek are spots I am going to hit and try to learn alot about.

Thanks,
    D Waters

Post Thanks / Like

David where is Turkey Creek you mentioned? There is a Turkey Creek outside of Decatur MS where I live, just wondering if it is the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Default turkey creek

well, those places I mentioned are areas of Grenada Lake. Other lakes I want to fish in Miss are Sardis, Enid, Arkabutla, and Tunica cutoff.

By the way, I fished Grenada for the first time Saturday. Man, was it a nasty day. Windy, cold, and eventually wet. Caught only 2 fish, but man, what nice crappie. Both were 14-15 inches long. I bet these fish had to be close to 2 pounds, while the fish I usually catch out of the TN river would be a pound and a half at 14". A cold front blew through and didn't catch another fish. Caught the first two in the first 10 minutes.
    Last edited by David Waters; 02-13-2005 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info just wondering!